points and insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
do you have to tell your insurance company if you get points midway through a policy or just at renewal?

gonna change car soon and dont know if I should tell them or not.

cheers
-pablo

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
You know what they would be like, if you had an accident and you didn't inform them they would most likely worm out of your claim.

Andy

iain

(From my dad)

You have to declare them as soon as you get them. Depending on the amount and what it was for, it could increase your premium but only if you pay direct debit. However if you don't tell them and you have an accident, they will walk away from you for witholding the information.

Iain

Jmax

RMS Regular
yea u have to declare them as soon as u get them no matter how many u get or what their for

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
is there much increase on your premium if you get 3-4 points on your licence?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
i had 3 points before - fixed penalty speeding and it made no difference bar the fact I had to fill in a form rather than get an online quote from a couple of places.

got the same again this time so shouldnt affect anything.

iain

it would depend on the car you drive, a high specced one with you having points for speeding or dangerous driving makes it more possible, but it depends on the company. My dads company may increase the premium depending on the above but only if you pay direct debit (if you pay in a lump sum they can't charge you more) however when it comes to renewal time, it may go up.

Iain

Porter

RMS Regular
iain said:
it would depend on the car you drive, a high specced one with you having points for speeding or dangerous driving makes it more possible, but it depends on the company. My dads company may increase the premium depending on the above but only if you pay direct debit (if you pay in a lump sum they can't charge you more) however when it comes to renewal time, it may go up.

Iain

iain tell ur dad whenb hes not meeting his sales targets to do a group buy on rms here and he will soon get a load of happy customers, lol

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
If they ask you what the points are for tell them the offence code (wrote on your licence) they usually dont know what the codes mean, it worked for me when the points first came out

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
at the risk of them not paying a penny upon accident, personally i would tell them. but then you could argue chances are slim of having an accident before renewal....especially if it will put the price up a brave bit :?

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
when i got 3 for speeding and told them the offence code they asked me what the code meant, I told them for failing to indicate and they said it wouldnt matter!! Little white lies never hurt!!

iain

CP02TER said:
iain said:

Iain

iain tell ur dad whenb hes not meeting his sales targets to do a group buy on rms here and he will soon get a load of happy customers, lol

Haha, he runs the fecker, he don't have targets anymore!!

Don't know about the group buy thing, but i'l ask him!!

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
When i got my points i asked the cop did i have to declare them and he said no! I had my Corsa knicked half way through my policy and when i told them on the phone that i had recieved points and they where fine about it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.