Porsche 911 C2 996 Speed Yellow

DubsterACS

RMS Regular
Drives
911C2,ZX16v
Like most people on here, I have saved searches on Pistonheads, Autotrader and eBay etc for a few cars which I would love to own and to keep a general eye on what's on the market. Since a kid I have always wanted a 911, ideally a 964 RS but as everyone knows completely unattainable these days unless you have an endless supply of money. Even the standard 964's are massive money now. My desire to own one someday was cemented when Dad brought his first 911 home in the mid-00's - a Kermit Green 3.0 SC with big whale tail. He then proceeded to buy and sell as a hobby in Porsches so a few 911's came about the house and I was fortunate enough to get to drive these. Even though the quick cars I've owned have always been M3's and M5's etc, I have always wanted a 911. Anyways, the 911 of recent years which has been attainable has been the 996 but in my opinion spec is very important and therefore price very dependent on spec and history. One of those saved searches came up with a couple of lovely 996's which suited my tastes - a Zenith Blue 996 with Aero Kit and a Speed Yellow 996 with Aero Kit, both being sold by Friends Green Porsche in Hertfordshire. There was nearly £9k of difference between them so I enquired about the cheaper one, the Zenith Blue one. Annoyingly it had just sold and Luke offered me the Speed Yellow one instead. It was outside of the budget I had set myself so I declined.........but man maths took over and over the next couple of weeks I came up with a plan of how I could justify getting it. It was at the very top end of the 996 market, this side of a GT3. Long story short, I went for it and collected it in July after Luke had gone through it completing all the work he said he would be doing to the car in preparation for me getting the car. And it was this which attracted me to the car as well - the service history and recent maintenance work done to the car would make your eyes water. The car is still on FGP's website under sold if anyone wants to see the work completed on it.

So the spec:
1999 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 Coupe with 102k on it
6speed Manual
Speed Yellow with full factory Aero Kit
18" SportDesign Split Rim Alloys
M030 Suspension - uprated ARBs, LSD, 10mm lower
Hard-back Sports Seats in Black Leather
Special order interior - Speed Yellow stitching, seatbelts and centre console
Aluminium Dials
Dansk exhaust

I'm thrilled with the car, I've covered 2500 miles in it so far from getting it and it is just such a nice car to drive and the note is class, I'm still getting used to the driving characteristics of the car, with 300bhp it is quick but not the quickest car I've ever had, the handling is sublime though - the mechanical grip from the chassis setup with the M030 suspension is staggering! . Obviously the 996 GT3 is the absolute car to have in the 996 range however another reason for going for this is that I reckon for half the price of one, I'm getting pretty close to the experience of the GT3 - looks wise the only difference are the brake callipers which on a GT3 are either red or yellow. So far I've only changed the headhunt over to a modern retro looking Sony item which can take Bluetooth and USB and DAB.

996 by Graham Thompson, on Flickr
The 911 by Graham Thompson, on Flickr
Collecting the 911 by Graham Thompson, on Flickr

FGP HQ:

Meeting it's siblings:

Out and about:

New Sony headunit fitted:

911 by Graham Thompson, on Flickr

Amazing photo of it by ReinisB at the Turkington Car Show a few weeks ago:

996 by Reinis by Graham Thompson, on Flickr

NedHan79

RMS Regular
Drives
clio dci
Very nice. I remember seeing this for sale at fgp. Yellows definitely one of the most desirable colours. I thought long and hard about it for my own aero.
It really does look first class in the pictures👌

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Health to drive dude. Dad really liked his Guards Red one. The yellow is stunning in them.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Like most people on here, I have saved searches on Pistonheads, Autotrader and eBay etc for a few cars which I would love to own and to keep a general eye on what's on the market. Since a kid I have always wanted a 911, ideally a 964 RS but as everyone knows completely unattainable these days unless you have an endless supply of money. Even the standard 964's are massive money now. My desire to own one someday was cemented when Dad brought his first 911 home in the mid-00's - a Kermit Green 3.0 SC with big whale tail. He then proceeded to buy and sell as a hobby in Porsches so a few 911's came about the house and I was fortunate enough to get to drive these. Even though the quick cars I've owned have always been M3's and M5's etc, I have always wanted a 911. Anyways, the 911 of recent years which has been attainable has been the 996 but in my opinion spec is very important and therefore price very dependent on spec and history. One of those saved searches came up with a couple of lovely 996's which suited my tastes - a Zenith Blue 996 with Aero Kit and a Speed Yellow 996 with Aero Kit, both being sold by Friends Green Porsche in Hertfordshire. There was nearly £9k of difference between them so I enquired about the cheaper one, the Zenith Blue one. Annoyingly it had just sold and Luke offered me the Speed Yellow one instead. It was outside of the budget I had set myself so I declined.........but man maths took over and over the next couple of weeks I came up with a plan of how I could justify getting it. It was at the very top end of the 996 market, this side of a GT3. Long story short, I went for it and collected it in July after Luke had gone through it completing all the work he said he would be doing to the car in preparation for me getting the car. And it was this which attracted me to the car as well - the service history and recent maintenance work done to the car would make your eyes water. The car is still on FGP's website under sold if anyone wants to see the work completed on it.

So the spec:
1999 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 Coupe with 102k on it
6speed Manual
Speed Yellow with full factory Aero Kit
18" SportDesign Split Rim Alloys
M030 Suspension - uprated ARBs, LSD, 10mm lower
Hard-back Sports Seats in Black Leather
Special order interior - Speed Yellow stitching, seatbelts and centre console
Aluminium Dials
Dansk exhaust

I'm thrilled with the car, I've covered 2500 miles in it so far from getting it and it is just such a nice car to drive and the note is class, I'm still getting used to the driving characteristics of the car, with 300bhp it is quick but not the quickest car I've ever had, the handling is sublime though - the mechanical grip from the chassis setup with the M030 suspension is staggering! . Obviously the 996 GT3 is the absolute car to have in the 996 range however another reason for going for this is that I reckon for half the price of one, I'm getting pretty close to the experience of the GT3 - looks wise the only difference are the brake callipers which on a GT3 are either red or yellow. So far I've only changed the headhunt over to a modern retro looking Sony item which can take Bluetooth and USB and DAB.

996 by Graham Thompson, on Flickr

FGP HQ:

Meeting it's siblings:

Out and about:

New Sony headunit fitted:

Amazing photo of it by ReinisB at the Turkington Car Show a few weeks ago:

996 by Reinis by Graham Thompson, on Flickr
Beautiful, health to drive and enjoy!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Nice 😎

I'm a yellow second car fan myself but it attracts fly's like you wouldn't believe, they must see it as a big sunflower FFS!

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Nice 😎

I'm a yellow second car fan myself but it attracts fly's like you wouldn't believe, they must see it as a big sunflower FFS!
Couldnt agree more! Traffic light wasp dive bombing my forehead is the norm in August
Love this 996! Perfect spec