Porsche (Becker CDR23) Iso Harness?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I have a customer/friend with an 04 Boxster, which uses becker CDR23 headunit (6 speaker system). I'm not that clued up Porsche audio but it appears it may be amplified and I have possibly located an amplifier beside the disc changer under the bonnet.. would this be correct?. The rear of the headunit has only 1 ISO block and the other block/plug could possibly be a fibre optic connection.. (almost looks like 2 female bullet connectors in a plug format).

Can anyone point me in the direction of an ISO harness or will this require an AMP bypass lead that needs wired through the bulkhead?.

Thanks in advance.

pablo

RMS Moderator
the bullet bits are prob the aeriel. beckers have twin tuners from memory. autoleads should do a cable that uses low level phono outputs from the new HU and feeds them to the amp. bmw HK systems work like this

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
the bullet bits are prob the aeriel. beckers have twin tuners from memory. autoleads should do a cable that uses low level phono outputs from the new HU and feeds them to the amp. bmw HK systems work like this

What lead me to believe this bullet style plug was an amplifier lead was that fact that when music/radio was playing and i unplugged it, the sound just cut out completely... does that clarify that it is an audio lead or could this still be aeriel related?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
What lead me to believe this bullet style plug was an amplifier lead was that fact that when music/radio was playing and i unplugged it, the sound just cut out completely... does that clarify that it is an audio lead or could this still be aeriel related?

This thread is useless without pics!!! :grinning: c'mon..... show us what you mean!!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
BOXSTER+RADIO+0041295658421.jpg

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
The plug beside the ISO block cuts out the sound when removed... so I guess its an amp lead of some sort... So, I still can't figure out what ISO harness I need and if I need an amp bypass lead or not... I am an audio biff.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
yup, that is a Fibre Optic (MOST) connection on the top right. I am unaware of an amp bypass loom, this would have to be a custom job - Part time OLLIeCrX might want the job if he can fit you into his busy schedule!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.