Porsche mechanic Dungiven area suggestions

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Thanks to all who helped track it down. Current holder let it go painless enough.

Not too bad a shape, replace all perishables, respray, new carpets & trace electrical faults.

Plan is for Mrs BarryPort to contact Car SOS & tell them I’ve 6 months to live.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Unreal Barry and what a cool thing to inherit! Had someone else 'taken custody' of it due to it sitting so long, or was it still just sitting waiting to be repaired?

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Unreal Barry and what a cool thing to inherit! Had someone else 'taken custody' of it due to it sitting so long, or was it still just sitting waiting to be repaired?

It was still being held at the son of the mechanic it was dropped off to in 2011.
Even though it was outside he still took good care of it, tyres weren’t flat (not much cracking) and he’d given it a wash now & again.

There was an outstanding bill from 2011 so I popped it into the Bank of England inflation calculator, paid him the amount in today’s money & he gave me a luck penny back.. gentleman.

Truthfully my family had assumed (and accepted) it was gone.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Fair play. What are the plans for it?

Slow resto when I can, it might do our next European trip being LHD & cabriolet. But I’ve a good few things taking priority at the min so maybe get stuck in around autumn or winter.

I intend to bring the car back to how it was delivered to Beverly Hills Porsche in 1991.

No big phat wheels, kits or air ride unfortunately.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What a project. Will be good to see it restored to its former glory.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It was still being held at the son of the mechanic it was dropped off to in 2011.
Even though it was outside he still took good care of it, tyres weren’t flat (not much cracking) and he’d given it a wash now & again.

There was an outstanding bill from 2011 so I popped it into the Bank of England inflation calculator, paid him the amount in today’s money & he gave me a luck penny back.. gentleman.

Brilliant! I assumed someone would’ve taken ownership of it and you would have had to buy it back.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Fantastic Barry, glad you were able to get in touch with one of the Donaghey’s and sort this!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Slow resto when I can, it might do our next European trip being LHD & cabriolet. But I’ve a good few things taking priority at the min so maybe get stuck in around autumn or winter.

I intend to bring the car back to how it was delivered to Beverly Hills Porsche in 1991.

No big phat wheels, kits or air ride unfortunately.
OEM FTW Bazza! You know it makes sense.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nice to hear you found it, someone took care of it and you paid the man like so. Well bloody done.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Reading this has made my day!

Reactions: Mel

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Deadly result!

If the guy keeping it turned out to be a knob end what would have been the legalities around ownership?

Could he have used the “it’s been on my property for x months so now I own it” chestnut?

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Deadly result!

If the guy keeping it turned out to be a knob end what would have been the legalities around ownership?

Could he have used the “it’s been on my property for x months so now I own it” chestnut?

Possibly if the claimed ownership remained unchallenged but there was correspondence between parties.