Porsche Servicing Query

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hey all,

Anyone familiar with Porsche servicing, or have a contact in Porsche?

Im being told two different things, one by Porsche Belfast and the opposite by Porsche Swindon where I bought my car. And the person I spoke to at Porsche UK was absolutely useless.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Steven Biggerstaff & Paul McConaghy have always been very helpful with any queries ive had regarding servicing or warranty

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
What are they telling you? Someone here might have the answer.
Porsche Belfast aren’t anything special in my experience.

I bought my car a couple of months ago from an approved Porsche centre in Swindon

It will be two years old in November this year, and when I bought it I was advised this is when it would require it’s first service. However, the service light came on a few days ago advising that it required a service next month.

Now Porsche Belfast say, this is because the car was PDI in August 2019 and thats when the “service clock” would start from.

Porsche Swindon say no, it’s from when the car was registered and that I should ignore the service light and wait until November. Take into account that under the approved Porsche scheme Swindon should have serviced the car if the service was due in August, i specifically asked when the service was due, if they had told me it was August I wouldn’t have bought the car without this being carried out.

Now I will have the car serviced next month regardless, but my point is Swindon Porsche should be covering the cost of this.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I dont see why swindon should be covering the costs to be fair? Whether its August or November its your responsibility now.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
What is the difference in August or November, as to why you wouldn't have bought it?

You knew it was going to need serviced this year?

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
I dont see why swindon should be covering the costs to be fair? Whether its August or November its your responsibility now.
Surely as an AUC though it doesn’t need serviced for ‘x’ months after purchase. It’s just determining how long ‘x’ is supposed to be and how long @Chris100 has owned the car.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
I bought my car a couple of months ago from an approved Porsche centre in Swindon

It will be two years old in November this year, and when I bought it I was advised this is when it would require it’s first service. However, the service light came on a few days ago advising that it required a service next month.

Now Porsche Belfast say, this is because the car was PDI in August 2019 and thats when the “service clock” would start from.

Porsche Swindon say no, it’s from when the car was registered and that I should ignore the service light and wait until November. Take into account that under the approved Porsche scheme Swindon should have serviced the car if the service was due in August, i specifically asked when the service was due, if they had told me it was August I wouldn’t have bought the car without this being carried out.

Now I will have the car serviced next month regardless, but my point is Swindon Porsche should be covering the cost of this.

Porsche Belfast are correct.

Porsche Swindon are not, and without knowing the background if you told the service guys there what the sales guys told you at POS then they could be just trying to cover themselves potentially (speculation)

That aside for the sake of a couple of months and to not give them any excuses should you need to use their brilliant Porsche Warranty

"A claim made under Your Policy shall be invalid
to the extent that the defect results from any of
the following:

You have failed to follow the guidelines on
service intervals"

Surely as an AUC though it doesn’t need serviced for ‘x’ months after purchase. It’s just determining how long ‘x’ is supposed to be and how long @Chris100 has owned the car.

It's a common misconception this, as part of their 111 point used car check, the following is said:

"If required, we’ll carry out a full
service and even check the electrical
functionality right down to the last detail."

Therefore with this in mind, at POS the car did not require a service. I honestly don't think you have a chance of getting the cost of service covered on this, however Porsche can sometimes be very willing on their GWG with large unexpected bills if you are a repeat customer, but I don't think routine servicing falls under this category. Worth a try to Porsche UK but wouldn't honestly hold my breath.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seems a strange thing for Swindon to say. Would have argued it at the time… it’s probably a bit late now but worth a try.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Porsche Belfast are correct.

Porsche Swindon are not, and without knowing the background if you told the service guys there what the sales guys told you at POS then they could be just trying to cover themselves potentially (speculation)

That aside for the sake of a couple of months and to not give them any excuses should you need to use their brilliant Porsche Warranty

"A claim made under Your Policy shall be invalid
to the extent that the defect results from any of
the following:

You have failed to follow the guidelines on
service intervals"

It's a common misconception this, as part of their 111 point used car check, the following is said:

"If required, we’ll carry out a full
service and even check the electrical
functionality right down to the last detail."

Therefore with this in mind, at POS the car did not require a service. I honestly don't think you have a chance of getting the cost of service covered on this, however Porsche can sometimes be very willing on their GWG with large unexpected bills if you are a repeat customer, but I don't think routine servicing falls under this category. Worth a try to Porsche UK but wouldn't honestly hold my breath.
In contrast to that, I looked at an AUC Audi yesterday and a service was due in 320 odd days or 2300 miles. The sales guy said they’d either service it before going out or ensure the first service is paid for. It’s little good buying a car and having to have it serviced a couple of months later surely?

Edit: a quick look on Porsche AUC and found this, so it all comes down to when the car was bought really:

All routine servicing and maintenance due within the next three months or 3,000 miles will have been carried out as a minimum.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T

If a car needs a service within 3 months it is serviced before it is sold as per Porsche used car policy.
What is the difference in August or November, as to why you wouldn't have bought it?

You knew it was going to need serviced this year?

Read what I said, I said I wouldn’t have bought it without the service being carried out.

porsche used car policy states if a car requires a service within 3 months it’s serviced prior to being sold.
Seems a strange thing for Swindon to say. Would have argued it at the time… it’s probably a bit late now but worth a try.

They told me the service was not due until November, I specifically asked. If they had told me it was August It would have needed to be serviced before it was sold under Porsches own used car policy

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
If a car needs a service within 3 months it is serviced before it is sold as per Porsche used car policy.

My Mrs works for Agnews - She says standard
Practise is if the service is due within 90days of the purchase date it is likely Swindon will stand over the cost if you push them.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sounds like swindon thought they could dodge a service under AUC by using the registration date rather than the pdi date. Car is driven and tested during pdi, does its first proper miles.
That’s the first service date starting time imo

davyk31

RMS Regular
Swindon can’t really argue if the car is calling for a service now as it’s within 3 months of purchase so they pay. A well written email with a picture of the read out from the car should be all that is needed for them to pay.

Could it be calling for mileage duration rather than age as that could shorten the term?

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
porsche used car policy states if a car requires a service within 3 months it’s serviced prior to being sold.

They told me the service was not due until November, I specifically asked. If they had told me it was August It would have needed to be serviced before it was sold under Porsches own used car policy

Apologies, I did not know that.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Is it not also possible that a Porsche is clever enough to bring on a service indicator due to how it’s been driven along with miles or time ? Near sure some performance cars do this.

I assumed anything that was sold from a high flying brand as approved used would have a oil and filter service done as part of its prep, shows they just want to keep as much cash in it as possible I guess.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I actually have an email from the sales guy yesterday advising me to ignore the service light and have it serviced in November
Straight to Porsche UK with that one. Seems anything with Porsche warranty if you even fart in the wrong direction it's game over.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Their service manager not sort it out in one call surely?

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Is it not also possible that a Porsche is clever enough to bring on a service indicator due to how it’s been driven along with miles or time ? Near sure some performance cars do this.

I assumed anything that was sold from a high flying brand as approved used would have a oil and filter service done as part of its prep, shows they just want to keep as much cash in it as possible I guess.
My car has just done this. First service is 1 year/10,000 miles. Service light came on at 6000 miles and app said "Due to 1st/2nd gear pulls your driving habits the Oil life is low and requires changing"

Martyn

RMS Regular
OPC approved used have to be sold with at least 3 months service left.

As discussed above get on to Porsche GB if you get any grief from Swindon and they will get their knuckles slapped and you should get your service.

I think a two year service is £800ish so worth shouting a bit about.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Their service manager not sort it out in one call surely?

I was on with them this morning, just waiting on a call back
OPC approved used have to be sold with at least 3 months service left.

As discussed above get on to Porsche GB if you get any grief from Swindon and they will get their knuckles slapped and you should get your service.

I think a two year service is £800ish so worth shouting a bit about.

I already have it booked in with Belfast, I needed to as they are booked up 5 weeks in advance at the moment