Porsche Taycan - any owners ?

Chris100

RMS Regular
I was at the Porsche Belfast test drive event late last year, drove a GTS and the Turbo.

They were both lovely to drive, but not very exciting. If I am spending £130k on a car it would need to be something that is fantastic to drive.

When Porsche are giving contributions and low finance rates on a particular model, this should ring alarm bells with you.

davyk31

RMS Regular
They are giving contributions on plenty of stuff at the moment not just Taycans. The market has changed and when I looked a while ago there were more brand new 911 models needing a buyer than Taycans.

Chris100

RMS Regular
They are giving contributions on plenty of stuff at the moment not just Taycans. The market has changed and when I looked a while ago there were more brand new 911 models needing a buyer than Taycans.

Been looking at 911s and 718 GTSs and certainly haven’t been offered any discounts or contributions, contacted quite a few dealerships as well specd models are over the place.

Taycans are also on at least a 2% lower interest rate than any other model, which offers a significant saving considering the prices.

Chris100

RMS Regular
You are not going to struggle finding a Taycan.

IMG_4864.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
They aren’t that bad to be honest and air suspension can help. It’s worth the effort and to be honest getting in is maybe harder as the door is narrow and the seat sits back a bit.
The instant endless torque, totally flat cornering and 4 wheel drive pulling you through makes it all worthwhile. 4 wheel steering is worth searching out for one with that fitted as it makes a big car feel a lot more nimble.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
not an owner.......... but i drove one like i stole it at the PEC last year.... had it on the track and ragged it senseless, it was mind-blowing how fast it was - but also just how well such a heavy car could stop and corner... the instructor wanted me to do the standing start accelerations - but i preferred throwing it around the track, really was immense fun