Post your motorbikes :D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tuono1000r

RMS Member
Drives
06Tuono - LC 350
i do slightly hate you for owning that 350, just a tad lol

giz a go mr, go on please:p:p
Its both a curse and a joy to own but its great fun and always puts a smile on my face. You just never know if you are getting home when you take it out hehe!

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
Anyone interested in a 'Blade? PM me, I'm open to sensible offers!

2009 'Blade
12k miles
Chain/sprocket, oil & filter changed 800 miles ago
MOT'd 'til April 2017

Last edited:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
My Husqvarna Nuda 900

DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0461.jpg
DSC_0473.jpg
DSC_0483.jpg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
why thank you :grinning:... i have a stainless set for the 421cc i'm building atm.. although that project is on hold realistically until i finish uni...

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
Good looking TL, Ive one that needs a full rebuild (hopefully this winter), slowly gathering parts up for it

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
Really enjoyed that thread.

hopefully you start a thread for that one on here, whats your plans for it?

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
@Sharkman .. It's based around the same chassis, with zx10 forks, Rsv front wheel and discs, 421cc +4mm bore, +4mm stroke and efi system.. Have most of the parts.. Needs a bit more spent on it.. Though I've about 90% of the bits.. Its going to be a tz250 5ke replica.. Should be pushing close to 90hp with a nice af ratio and optimised ignition curve.. This build is a lot less reserved than the last lol I will see my way to getting a thread started once I start making proper progress with it.. It's just a collection of parts atm..

Pitviper

RMS Member
Drives
GSX1400
Whats the plans for the TL, Johnny?

Had two over the years and always had a soft spot for them.

My last one had an Ohlins in the back, but apparently an R1 damper in a handy enough mod and massive improvement.

That said, a wet towel would be a massive improvement over that rotary shyte.

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
@Pitviper i'm restoring her back to her former glory... I have already designed and had a bracket manufactured to take a 5vy R1 shock, which is also already fitted (you can just make out the round reservoir in front of the rear tyre. I didn't want to sully my first experience with a tl, with the pants rotary damper so it was one of the first things I looked at sorting.

I have all the bodywork back now and just waiting to get the post office to collect the last few bits to finish her off... not be long before she's ready for the road.. she's going red too (they're gorgeous in red)

yeah the akra's look well on her although the left one has a few dings.. but probably have a few more by the time i'm done with her lol

don't know what the score is with the undertray mind you.. it's had a massive whole ripped out of the arse of it (glad i've an aftermarket undertray to hide that abomination).

Pitviper

RMS Member
Drives
GSX1400
There's a guy called "Vanzuki" on the TL Forums that CNC's all manner of trick billet bits for the TLS and TLR.

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
will keep him in mind if i find myself in need of anything but tbh i'm keeping her as fairly close to stock as possible with just a few mods like the damper upgrade, steering damper and probably a pc3 and a run on the dyno to tune it in..

@Debaser I'm in peril when i ride most two wheeled vehicles so this will be no different lol

Pitviper

RMS Member
Drives
GSX1400
I had a PC on my first one. it was SOOOOO snatchy at low revs that i ended up removing it. Probably down to a bad dyno setup more than anything.

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
I've just stuck the PC back on mine with a generic map, it has made it ridable in corners without terrible snatching but it has caused a couple of flat spots that I'll sort after the rebuild

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
any other mods on yours? TREs were always a fairly common one. I've just done the airbox mod (flapper valve removal and widening the channel into the airfilter). Not be long until she's ready to fire up :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.