Post your weather pics here (Belfast Flooding)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
if it was left to insurance companies to sort out we wouldnt get back to having a functioning business in the next 3 weeks

bit of hard work and a few days of pain are better than waiting on others to come and half ass the job

spent today tallying up damages, over £20k before we get started on office furniture, exchange units, carpets, fittings, etc.

This sh*t is crazy....

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
sh*t man! not good like i said i hope you's get sorted and up and running again! lets hope the rain doesnt come back :confounded:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
State of emergency declared in Newcastle today:

_61381004_petramostkovaruddywp_001000.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18718662

C4L

RMS Regular
Hope you get sorted soon rather than later Pete, that's an F'ing disaster!

Newcastle, beautiful weather as always 8-(

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Was the rain that bad last night down Newcastle or when did this occur :confounded:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Holy jizz! Very weird weather day then, sunny and stuffy here E. Belfast :confounded:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Oh no, not again!

I've friends staying in a caravan site just up the road from Newcastle in Tyrella sending pics of the beach with the Mournes in the background. Sunny and dry in the pics. Weird!

C4L

RMS Regular
the rain in ballynahinch area was serious this morning so i assume it was similar in newcastle, this weather is wild where it can cause floods so suddenly!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I still do not think the weather causes these floods... It is the drainage not keeping up with the rate of new builds. Add in high levels in rivers and an already high water table, and it does not take much to flood. And also why it seems so random.

Anyway, not nice for those caught out. Hope everyone gets sorted.

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
the rain in ballynahinch area was serious this morning so i assume it was similar in newcastle, this weather is wild where it can cause floods so suddenly!

I got absolutely SOAKED around about the 5th hole at Edenmore Golf Club this morning. Tried to play through, but was forced to stand in under the trees for about 30 minutes.

I'm not even much of a golfer, so trying to play on a water logged course isn't much fun.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I still do not think the weather causes these floods... It is the drainage not keeping up with the rate of new builds. Add in high levels in rivers and an already high water table, and it does not take much to flood. And also why it seems so random.

It'll flood just as easy if there hadn't been rain in a long time too as the ground tends to let the water roll over it instead of absorbing it. Totally agree though, the reason why we get the flooding is because grass/woods/etc are turned into Tesco car parks and driveways and there's so much water with basically nowhere for it to stand for a bit and drain away slowly. I actually haven't seen any of this heavy rain yet but I hear it's been bad lol...

Shaun

RMS Regular
I see there is another severe weather warning for tomorrow evening. England and wales getting most of it but Belfast area will be affected aswell.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Also, a lot of rivers have had their natural flow paths and shape altered which usually has a negative impact during heavy rain. No idea if that applies around Newcastle though.

But the more we build, the less natural drainage there is and more chance of water gathering in low areas. The rainfall has been very heavy, but by building and building problems are inevitable.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
We were away for a few days there and arrived back in to Dublin yesterday to 20 degree heat!

On closer inspection of the car last weekend I think our street was under about 6" during the first set of floods last week.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I still do not think the weather causes these floods....
O rly?! What is it then that causes all that water to fall from the sky, gods tears when he see's you masturbating?! :p

Nah seriously though i do see your point and agree part of it will certainly be to do with some natural drainage being removed, but these are freak occurances currently, not just your standard heavy rain imo.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Sven, I see your point. It's the drainage system which can't cope with an intense down pour, but ultimately that down pour is the weather!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Just experienced 1 of the heaviest showers I've seen in a long outside Crossgar. About 10 or 15 mins of a torrential downpour, with rain forecast for the next 6 days according to the weather app... Great.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.