Power caps

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
doh! you want at least 4awg as most wiring for these bits isnt even as much as 8awg. the bigger the better though but you would be fine with 4awg, i changed everything up to 0awg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
when i got my stuff installed the other day i asked about the big three i.e earth wiring coming off the battery to the car chassis and from the battery to the engine, they asked what do i want it upgraded to? and i didnt know!

thanks

it sounds like your installer used the teacher's last resort when they can't answer a question from a child.... they ask the class!
Upgrade your installer!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
lol

i'd 2 caps in the boot of the cav and a big yellow batt wia split charge off the distributor to keep it tip top, tbh the caps were pretty **** wudnt bother wi em, deffo get the 3 uprated and a nice big derv battery as said!!

kr88

OP
K
hello

didn't bother going back to the ice people! isit an earth cable i need? im just going to tell my m8, hes a mechanic by profession problem is that i need to buy the cable so he can do it.

is this the earth wire i need?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-duty-4-...ryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and how many meters would i require (estimate) its for a VW polo shape frop (02-05 the one with the two round lights at the front)

thanks

-Pete-

RMS Regular
buy yourself the thickest you can. as for length, just get around 5-8 metres, always allow more as you can always cut it to length, harder to cut more off than add more on.

also should be plenty for a polo and leave you some left over for running down the car. if you already have down the car done, then a good 4 metres to be honest as each of the "big three" is usually the guts of a metre anyway.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
yeh but theres no need to go to ebay for it, you can get plenty of cheap cable locally. look at del even off the site has loads of four gauge for sale for pennies in the misc/wants section here, total bargain the stuff hes selling!

are you in birmingham? i couldalways pick it up for you and then post it over? pm me even

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.