Prelude Type-R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Have to say for every good going vetec i see - there's alway anoth 3 ****ters too :-(

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
No doubt Type-R EP3 Civics are common as muck, but still worth over the 10k mark and with group 17 insurance I doubt there are many spides driving them (unless they nicked them).

The reason they are so popular is because they are pretty damn good value for money. Look cracker out of the box, go well etc. I have no doubt that there are many CTR drivers out there who don't actually know much about what they are driving but bought it more for the badge and the 'cred'.

Sure half the country thought my civic was a type R. Fools :laughing:

Andy

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
This 'Type R' prelude (and Jazz, etc) has been over the internet for years now. Never was made . They only made a Type S, I should know as I almost bought one and spent a few days researching it thoroughly.

Gaz

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The EP Civic R's r a disgrace to the Honda and R badge....

No diff as standard (unless from japan), suspension isnt quite the usual dogs balls of standard suspension set-up.... Just an all round let down... Apart from the looks which arent bad...

Mr 106

RMS Regular
RComms said:
ryan_quiksilver said:
FFS yes they did,
typer.jpg

Satisfied???? :eek:

Bet your glad you did that now! :lol:
he should be getting used to being incorrect by now :grinning:

Rus872k3

Drives
Pug 406 Hdi
@ Gaz there is a Type R Jazz, but only released in japan, will get pic when my cam is working, as it is in the boolet we have in work

Neil_M

RMS Regular
andy_gdon said:
I admit that have a good engine, chasis and brakes but there is still that something in my head that dislikes them....as you say-an aquired taste.

Yes they are a reliable engine if well maintained but so are alot of other engines out there.

I think my main gripe is that too many spides drive them and think that they can destroy all road going motors! They are almost as common as corsa's and clio's these days.

I see where you are comming from mate. Totally different types of technology though. Both have their pros and cons.

Ruth

RMS Regular
hmm the clio "type r" is a 1.4 16v, i thought it was gonna be a 1.2 8v lol.

ryan_quiksilver

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault, Dont La
Think i shud get myself some type r badges now.
Might actually start up a wee business sellin them - seein any car have them these days....

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
or u could put a M Power badge on it :p

there are a few corsa's about with them on

one especially in portrush during the summer - white with some sort of rally front bumper and massive fog lights with MPower on the back :?

VWChrisMk2

RMS Regular
Drives
MK2 Golf
maybe this has been said, aint got time to read through the topic, but i see your from lisburn, this 'type R, wouldnt happen to be dark blue? if so i've saw it to, and am sorry to say its just a badge, it baffled me too for a bit, i asked loads of ppl the same question...... type R prelude... just a badge

Chris

ryan_quiksilver

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault, Dont La
It wasnt that particular one but i have seen it b4, hence why i was almost sure for my case of arguement. Nope i was at flat in england and theres a guy owns a black one across the road.
I hate people badgin cars to make them sumthin their not!!!!!!!!!!!

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
There used to be an Mk2 Astra around Ballymena with a "Peugeot Sport" sunstrip on it! Class it was :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.