Private Plates

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skillie

Brought my car into the Republic from the UK and now wnat to sell the private plate once its registered here. Anyone know if this is possible or the best way to do this. Its not a great plate but still would be handy to get some cash outta an otherwise useless number (P 69 WWW)

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
LMFAO!

To be honest it's probably more hassel than they are worth. Try ebay.

iain

i take it its a down south plate then?? so mite not transfer so easy as a uk one would do. Mite be more hassel than what its worth if thats teh case

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
iain said:
i take it its a down south plate then?? so mite not transfer so easy as a uk one would do. Mite be more hassel than what its worth if thats teh case

no if its P 69 WWW then its originally a british plate,

Skillie

OP
S
Its a Brittish plate, i'm transfering the car onto Irish Registration, just wondering can I then sell the english plate or is it gone forever due to the car now being taken off the Brittish DVLA records as such.

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
Skillie said:
Its a Brittish plate, i'm transfering the car onto Irish Registration, just wondering can I then sell the english plate or is it gone forever due to the car now being taken off the Brittish DVLA records as such.

try to call them, its DVLNI Coleraine(I think), try yell.com, if it is already trransfered then it may well now be the property of the DVLNI.

Porter

RMS Regular
i thought you could take it off but had to hold it on a retention certificate,

that way its effectivly on a virtual car, then you sell it on and it goes on toa proper car,

that way your free to re register ur car with an irish reg

Dermot

You'll Have to sell the plate before you registar the car into the south or you'll loose it.. Another way is to put the plate onto 'Retention' until you sell it.. Not sure how this works or how much is costs... But it basically is a certificate to say you own the REG without having it on a vehicle or something.. Either way, The plate aint worth much to the english, Probley worth its most in the north, So i'd (Out of intrest) stick it in the auto trader or something...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
skillie, id say you should try newreg, regtransfers etc out of interest. there are far worse plates out there, and any moneys better than nothing

Dermot

Yeah but Lyons lad... Most reg companys dont "Buy" reg's... They just sell them for you... Like you could be waiting a year for them to get an offer on your plate!

Skillie

OP
S
don't have any certs or anything for it, and will be registering the car in the next week. If I loose it then fair enough if not then I may scab 100 quid or someth somewhere for it. better than nothing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.