producer advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I'm heading to the police station today to produce all my documentation i didn't have on me last friday and hand in my license to get the points.

Insurance, MOT is no problem. However, I can't find my card half of my license for love nor money :worried:. Have the paper part which states my license number and shows its still valid.... does anyone have any idea of the likely outcomes of not having the card part available? :worried:

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I couldnt find mine either and was considering taking a passport instead but then i found it and all was ok. Your passport will have all the same information on it as your license so all should be ok. Good luck though

pablo

RMS Moderator
as long as you have a valid licence you should be fine (ie not expired) just a bit more paperwork

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Captain Starlet said:
I couldnt find mine either and was considering taking a passport instead but then i found it and all was ok. Your passport will have all the same information on it as your license so all should be ok. Good luck though

lol what type of passport do you have? ^o)

merlin

RMS Regular
Tricky one mate, the producer is for your full licence ie both plastic card and paper counterpart. I'd ring the station first and find out if they would be willing to accept just the paper bit. Otherwise you might need to rip your house apart for the plastic card.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Can you not just apply for a new licence, if this si the case? I appreciate it wont arrive in time, but discuss it with the Police. They may understand, they may not- its not like you dont have a licence at all.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Work mate got stopped a few weeks ago with the same scenario... He lost his plastic card part in an old wallet, and just went to the station anyway with the rest of the documents, including the paper part of the licence..

They told him it was ok, and just asked him to bring it all back when the new licence comes through.. Dont know why it would make so much of a difference, but it kept them off his back til he got it through..

Best just going down to them with what ya have, and at leats make an effort.. Worst case id reckon is they would give you another producer to return with it when ya get it..

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
in my experience if your polite to the officer on the desk, and explain the situation and if they're not having a **** day they can grant you an extension on the producer! - i got an extra 7 days due to my mot excemption certificate being late posted out, officer just put his police number on the back of the producer and signed it, sorted :grinning:

good luck...

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
cheers for the advise people. I feel a bit better now... We'll see how it goes!!

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
talk about a bad run of luck....

... they wouldn't accept the paper part, instead saying i failed to produce because i didn't have it all. :worried:. court needed now.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
RComms said:

... they wouldn't accept the paper part, instead saying i failed to produce because i didn't have it all. :worried:. court needed now.

FFS, if they didnt have anything better to do with that court time!!

Unlucky mate!!:worried:

merlin

RMS Regular
Right lets clear this up the producer states driving licence. Your driving licence is both your paper part and plastic counterpart. Therefore in the eyes of the law you have not produced your driving licence.

I wouldn't worry about it Rcomms, you know you have a licence so the cops are wasting their time even thinking of bringing this to court. When you go to court the judge won't be impressed with them.

If you do find the plastic part take it down to them and explain that some tosser on the desk wants to take you to court because you couldnt find your plastic counterpart.

Marc

RMS Moderator
go down again today and see if someone else is working, see what they say :p

I had this trouble before, and they just accepted my paper part and i brought my passport for photo id, but they wern't interested..

you get some good cops .. you get some bad cops.. its life :grinning:

RComms said:

Jason

RMS Regular
i wouldnt accept that **** tbh! you have a valid license just cause you cant find it doesnt mean it doesnt exist! Surely they have all your details on there system!? im due in court god knows when but cant find the paper part but have the card.. god knows what way that'll work!

Go back and ask to speak to whoever is in charge!

therock

RMS Regular
VTS Lad said:
Go back and ask to speak to whoever is in charge!

And what, be told by him that he needs his full license for the producer? ^o)

If you don't have your full license fair enough, thats why court is required and that's plan B.

You might have got a nice copper, but who knows on the day. I know you're not complaining about it mate, but just looking at it from their perspective. If someone doesn't give you something in it's entirity in work, you can't deal with them.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
As has been said - your full license is both parts. If you are indeed handing your license in to get points on it as you said in your first post - then the police can't actually send it away unless both parts are present.

If you apply for your license and have it when you got to court (presumably for speeding and failure to produce) then they will take it from you there and the charge of failure to produce could well be dropped.

If i was yourself and looking for a bit of reassurance of what's going to happen, i'd put on a shirt and tie - head down to the station, ask to speak to the duty sergeant, and when he come's out - ask him for 5 minutes of his time and explain the story.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Sounds like a bit of a jobsworth to me - after all the points will be recorded on the paper bit if you have any so its not as if you are trying to deceive them

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
you can tell the police in the station the circumstances, i had to do the same one time, i got an extra month, time enough to send away for a new license, both parts to take down as i could find neither

PhilG

RMS Regular
when i had a producer i didnt bring in the paper part (had the plastic part), the officer behind the desk didn't say anything to me about it. This was the Derry Waterside station.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
I thought it was standard practice to grant an extension whilst a dupicate license was applied for?

Sounds like you got a right w 4 n ker. Maybe try again during a different shift, be humble and explain things. Might help to bring the fat desk sergent a donut as well :p

jamesy

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
I got a producer a few years back but couldnt find any of my licence, i explained that to the police man and he asked me to get my drivers number and that was it, sounds like you got a complete and utter p***k

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
yeah just depends on the officer you get. shouldn't have been a problem, and court is the silliest solution he could have came up with!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.