Proposal of Curfew for young drivers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

The Red

Did anyone else see this on the news tonight on BBC1?

A proposal has been put forward that no drivers under the age of 21 will be allowed on the roads from 7pm to 6am. Exceptions for those who are working.

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
whats the point in that???

surely then they would have to reduce the road tax and insurance premiums if they do that as yournot getting your full value. cant see them doing that though :lol:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I can see what they are trying to do, but 7pm to 6am is just silly. Young drivers have as much right to be on the roads as anyone else. Hardly that fair IMO.

Sensible curfew times would be a better idea.

BJ

Banned
When are the kids going to go out racing and impress 15YO girlies by doing handbrake turns in carparks if there is a curfew? :?

I don't think yer man from Sinn Fein has thought this through or does he just want the roads even quieter at night so that his goons can go about the peaceful business of punishment beatings in more privacy? :roll:

The bloke in the Astra doesn't look as if a curfew would affect him anyways! :laughing:

addicted2base

what will they be at next. ffs 7pm is abit early!!! plus what are you going to be able to do/go. Couldnt drive to the cinema to see a film at nite or anything.

How they gonna police it? More psni time wasted doing silly things!!!!

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
<----------21 dont care---------ha

addicted2base

it dont effect me either. but just thinkin of wee bros. (think of all that runnign around youd have to do for lifts etc...)

@ pac-man thats all ni needs more 15yr old babyboom!

DannyLSi

Its a fvckin joke!! :x

Young drivers get it tite enuf wif r-plates and redicilous insurance premiums without having 2 park their cars up when a couple a w4nkers frm da roadservice want them 2!!

Wats da point of payin insurance, an busting ur b4lls de try and get ur motor lookin rite if ur not even allowed de drive it at night!!

Its naw as if all road traffic accidents happen between dese times!!!

Fvck dem!!!! :x :x :x

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
BJ said:
I don't think yer man from Sinn Fein has thought this through or does he just want the roads even quieter at night so that his goons can go about the peaceful business of punishment beatings in more privacy? :roll:
sure ulsters under direct rule so he can hardly decide to just do this .
if its true its a ridiculus loads of balls, :x

Bryan

RMS Regular
Ok, so I live away from my parents with my girlfriend and we rely on the car 24/7. So if I need to go to the shop to get something after 7pm I'd get penalised for it... come on frig sake. That's just crazy.

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Its a silly idea it couldn't work fairly at all. If they say there are exceptions for those at work how do u prove whether its work or not??! What if there's an emergency or something urgent comes up and u can't get there cuz u don't have a note from ur boss?? Or what about me, I'm self-employed I could just let on i'm workin anytime!!!
Its a bit drastic IMO! :lol:

BJ

Banned
Think it through a bit more pac-man! :roll:

While us oldies are either in bed or off our rockers on drink/drugs the kids will be wrecking cars therefore leaving the roads safer during our sobriety! :laughing:

R.J.H

Doesnt affect me, but what a load of sh1t??? As said above yet another well thought through safety campaign that will waste even more police time???? POINTLESS

Spoony

RMS Regular
Laod of balls,this wud b nearly impossible to police!!

If it does go ahead,imagine how many more points and fines r gonna be handed out!!!

Bulls**t IMO

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Well I suppose in theory if it goes ahead insurance companies wouldn't insure anyone within that age range in those banned times of night. Good way to have yet more uninsured drivers on the roads of NI. What is it - one in ten at the moment. Rediculous.

Anyway, its now online - under watch/bbc newsline about 13 minutes into the video:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/default.stm

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.