Q about speeding conviction

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

scub

Banned
As far as I know the course is only offered at the 1st offence. If you already have points then it won't be offered again.

I'd def opt for the patronising course over taking the points.
i've been offered the course last 2 speeding offences - 72 in a 50 (in the evo so was about 5 years ago ) & just lately for 45 in a 30.
took the points both times - they can stick their 90 quid load of tripe up their collective arse !!

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Done the course myself rather than taking the points. I done it in the white horse hotel if that's where you're from. It's funny how clueless some people are that are at the course.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Did it myself at the white horse
The course I didnt mind,the tae and the baps were rotten though 8-|

garyo

RMS Regular
It's funny how clueless some people are that are at the course.
Funny/unbelievable. A woman on the course I was at was clocked in a 30 as she entered the outskirts of a village. She simply could not get her head around how she was supposed to 'instantly drop from 60 to 30 at the point of the sign'!

Another was when they asked about the song most likely to speed to...mouthy boy was straight in there as if it was a buzzer round, 100% sure he was right with 'Hit the Diff'.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
When I took the course for 39 in a 30 near Culcavy (I thought it was a 40 as do a lot of people which is why the speed van frequently stops there) I found it to be a load of patronising drivel. It's like being back at primary school. Saves getting 3 points though.

At the questions time on the course a couple of old dears thought the speed limit on a motorway slip road was 40, join the Motorway at 40, what a good idea!!!!! Now I know why some people do it.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
As condescending and patronising as it is, I would be taking the course and have done in the past, except mine cost near double that and lasted a day and a half, and it was about 50 miles from my house.

It's very easy to collect another 3 points in a short space of time after accepting these 3, points don't always make prizes.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Wife got a letter this morning about her doing 40 in a 30.
So it says she's fined £60 and 3 points, or can take the speed awareness course.

Does taking the course mean you don't have to..
1. pay the fine?
2. Take the points?
3. Get to avoid both the fine and the points?

Is the course like an hour, or a half day, or how long would it last? Any ideas where it would be? She was caught at Altnagelvin.

Thanks

Or 4. Clear cut case of plate cloning, me nor my wife would ever travel on that road. Pics of the Mrs behind the wheel or it didn't happen, officer.

I'd take the course though.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
What speed did they record her doing as if it was 10% +9 above the limit, the course will not be offered, just the 3 points and fine
Not true. Don't know if someone else covered this. Sorry if they did. I know a person who got caught doing 50 in a 30 and was able to sit the course.

Deleted member 13907

D
Not true. Don't know if someone else covered this. Sorry if they did. I know a person who got caught doing 50 in a 30 and was able to sit the course.
I was caught doing 49 in a 30 (though I was out of the 30 zone) and wasn't offered the course.
PC Plod was fairly accomodating in fairness - I was going on holiday the following week and needed my license for the hire car, so he let me surrender my license after returning from holiday.
I had a clean license, etc.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
It was my ex-gf Dad. He got hit for 50 in 30. First motoring offence in like... **** probably 50 years LOL but he got the course. He wasn't happy about it either :grinning:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
It was my ex-gf Dad. He got hit for 50 in 30. First motoring offence in like... **** probably 50 years LOL but he got the course. He wasn't happy about it either :grinning:

Dad is driving 50 years and got hit for first motoring offence twice for speeding a hour apart. Once drive by the van to take the dog a run on the beach. Dog got his hour. Dad headed back home and in that time the van had turned around and pointed the other way. Clipped him both times.
Funny (for me watching) bit was the post man came. He opened one letter and was raging. Not happy, he then carried on opening other mail and got the second letter... it was epic.
No course was offered.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
image.png

50 in a 30 is outside the guidelines for the course.
That speed is an automatic prosecution

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There was a guy on mine caught doing 42 in a 30 and the instructor thought it was very high and questioned him on it. Seems he was just inside the upper limit.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
As condescending and patronising as it is, I would be taking the course and have done in the past, except mine cost near double that and lasted a day and a half, and it was about 50 miles from my house.

It's very easy to collect another 3 points in a short space of time after accepting these 3, points don't always make prizes.

£180 and lastly a day and a half, I don't really believe it was a speed awareness you were doing.

Clearly was a more serious offence, the course has been a set price and duration since I've heard about it and hasn't changed from when I done it and anyone I've talked to or who has done it on her in the last 5/6 years.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
View attachment 129764

50 in a 30 is outside the guidelines for the course.
That speed is an automatic prosecution
There was a guy on mine caught doing 42 in a 30 and the instructor thought it was very high and questioned him on it. Seems he was just inside the upper limit.

I was caught doing 43 in a 30 and got the course, even 43mph was written on my ticket or whatever it was.

Everyone on the course that day was between 40-43mph in a 30 zone

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
43 shouldn't be appropriate...
There's maybe a chance your Notice of Prosecution was outside the 14 days and wouldn't have held up so they chanced it offering you the course? They tried that with me a few years ago

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
43 shouldn't be appropriate...
There's maybe a chance your Notice of Prosecution was outside the 14 days and wouldn't have held up so they chanced it offering you the course? They tried that with me a few years ago

I was stopped on the road by a copy with a speed gun who offered me the course there and then, it's a stretch of road that goes from 60mph into a 30mph zone and back to 60mph within 100metres.

Not condoning my speed BTW.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
What do you want me to tell you? 50 in a 30. Went on a course.

Although I am pretty sure I said that?

It's not how you stand by your statement, it's how you race your statement.

Reactions: WSM
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.