Sounds interesting
quicksand.jpg

(im not involved in this event)

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
New chains and sprockets all round lol
Fella I know did one of the beach races in Wales (I think) on the motocross bike. As far as I remember I think he had to replace front and rear wheel bearings along with the chain and sprockets. The Paris Dakar must be brutal on bikes.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, the dakar bikes asort of built for it but the amount of spares they must go through has got to be eye watering.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I like the sound of that. Might head over for a look.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Im actually surprised they got permission for this as Benone beach and the surrounding area is all protected

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Im actually surprised they got permission for this as Benone beach and the surrounding area is all protected
It’ll be below the high tide line so it’ll be grand.

I’d be curious to see what their plan is if an engine spills it’s guts onto the sand.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
It’ll be below the high tide line so it’ll be grand.

I’d be curious to see what their plan is if an engine spills it’s guts onto the sand.
"THE ENVIRONMENT
The entries will be vintage and classic bikes which can be leaky, engine hygiene should be considered before and during the event as we intend to maintain a clean beach. Marshals will be on hand to remove any contaminated sand and dispose of it safely."

56oval

RMS Regular
Was this any good? I contacted the organisers to see if it was a timed event. Offered our services but never got a response.

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_ray
Drives
Toyota Rav4
Was this any good? I contacted the organisers to see if it was a timed event. Offered our services but never got a response.
i was about to post about did any one go to it my self.

no idea, i never got up, hope it was good, tho with the weather i wouldn't be surprised if it was called off.
it seems like it did go ahead, there is photos on their website. looked cool if nothing else Quicksand 23 — QUICKSAND

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Was there and talking to fella Marshall and said weather had put alot of people off bringing bikes,the fella riding the chopper was brave lol ,would like to take a motorbike to it sounds simple enough.