Quinn-Direct Helpful information for you.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
I'm more than likely going to be insured with quinn direct next time round so i asked them some questions reguarding their online quotation system, and thought i'd post the answers here, which could help some of you out.
These questions are reguarding their "Third Party Fire and Theft" policy.

1. Reguarding my previous NCB. I have been insured with elephant.co.uk
before and my insurance is up for renewal now. Whilst with elephant.co.uk i
had they're "Bonus Builder" package, which was being insured with them on a
10month policy and they give 1 year no claim bonus. Do you accept this as 1
year no claim?

If your previous insurer can provide proof in writing that they are
giving you 1 year ncb we can accept it.

2. I currently am 19, and have had a 1.6 megane coupe for the last year
(group 8 car and 110bhp), but i cannot get a quote on your sit for it. I
think this is because it is over 100bhp. Is this true?

There are some restrictions on some cars and it is possible that you can
not receive a quote on this model due to your criteria.

3.Where do you stand reguarding car modifications? i.e alloy wheels,
lowered suspension, cd player, and possibly window tints.

Any cosmetic changes does not effect the policy premium.

4. I was told by a friend that is insured with yourselves that if i take
out a third party fire and theft policy with yourselves then i am insured to
drive other peoples cars 3rd party too (as long as its not my bosses car).
Is this true?

To be eligible for the 3rd-party-extension you must hold a full licence.

5. I have also been told that you do not cover windscreen replacements. Is
this true?

There is windscreen cover, however, any claim would effect your NCB and the policy excess would apply. Alternatively, National Windscreens, offer
a discount to all QDI customers.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
i still dont know why they wont quote me on my motor..

is there something wrong with their Online Quotation Service or something? :confounded:

Jmax

RMS Regular
yea there is, phone them and get a quote and itll be problem solved

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Very helpful Phil,, appreciate you taking the time to post this up.

Dont know if I would call alloys cosmetic tho...

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
AFAIK, alloys can be changed without affecting the insurance, AS LONG as they are the same diameter/width..

ALWAYS best to check with your own company though (y)

Ron

RMS Regular
when i asked about alloys they said that they wer cosmetic. but it was up 2 me if i wanted 2 include them inthe value of the car

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
QD online quotes are much more expensive than getting it over the phone

I tried for a quote once on a 172 Clio - online was £3100, on the phone they told me I couldn't insure any bigger than a 1.6 until I'm 25 :scream:

I've been with Quinn Direct for 3 1/2 years - no probs :grinning: 3yrs NCB, 23 yrs old

As above - all cosmetic mods are fine (even different sized alloys)

Personaly I would notify QD about all mods to be safe but the only things that "might" affect the premium are;

@ Suspension
@ Engine modifications

They have to send you out an Engineer Report Form which has to be filled out by an insurance-approved mechanic. It's just to confirm that the car is legally fit for the road after the modification

At present, I am in the process of declaring both of these mods on my Clio (Coilovers & Tuning box)
As soon as I get all fitted & sorted out I will keep you posted (y)

Trev

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Do you have the cost of the loaded premium for the Coilovers and Tuning box or is that what you are waiting on?

Miss 206

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR GT - Mil
Tigger_Clio said:
QD online quotes are much more expensive than getting it over the phone

Not nessesarily true! I got quoted over the phone for my pug £580 and then went on line to find i could have it for £384???

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Went through the engineer's report form with quinn last year wen lowering the seicento!! woman on the phone actually got excited and appreciated the lowering aspect :laughing:

so quinn are dead on for mods, never had any problems with the seicento, it had everything changed, wheels, suspension, bodykit, blacked out windows etc bar the engine!!

bigal

RMS Regular
Drives
Omega MV6 non-pl
When i asked quinn for a modified quote on my corsa, they said fill in the engineers report and send it back, i got the car mot'd at lisburn and they said if i sent them the mot form they would take that as proff that the car was roadworthy, eventually when they gave me the quote the girl hadnt added 2 the quote that it was lowered and a full janspeed system, when i told her she siad "Oh rite, well ive just put that on your policy, NO EXTRA!!! brilliant company i think,

I rang them up 2 ask about the 3rd party cover on other vehicles, they said that they wouldn't cover me on a cav turbo but that i could drive it 3rd party if it wasnt registered to me and it didnt even need 2 be insured by the owner, just taxed and mot'd, (y)

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
lowering did not affect the policy at all!! if they see the car is road worthy and in proper working order from the report then they have no complaints!!
just always ask them stuff before u do anything and take peoples names etc who tell u stuff then ur covered anyway.

but to conclude lol :laughing: : lowering with quinn, no extra charge if you follow their procedure!!

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
unsure about engine, never did any engine mods with the fiat, kept the standard rocket of a 54horses lol.
as far as i'm aware the same rules apply for any engine mods, must ask em and see what they need you to do so as they accept it.

PhilG

RMS Regular
OP
P
Sorry guys, i forgot to post this, i asked Quinn-direct about this:

Policy Number:

Dear: Phillip

Thank you for your e-mail dated:02/02/2006

I would like to confirm we would require an engineers report form filled in
for the lowering of the car.
We require this to be completed and signed by a registered garage.

If there are any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Nicky
Administration Department

But Nicky forgot to answer my other question of whether they count suspension mods and alloys as cosmetic or performance.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
PhilG said:
Sorry guys, i forgot to post this, i asked Quinn-direct about this:

But Nicky forgot to answer my other question of whether they count suspension mods and alloys as cosmetic or performance.

then get typing to him..

your best to have that cleared up before ya invalidate your policy.

gona try them for a quote on monday, but i dont think they will beat the £2200 from Hughes and Co. :confounded:

Smoore

RMS Regular
bigal said:
I rang them up 2 ask about the 3rd party cover on other vehicles, they said that they wouldn't cover me on a cav turbo but that i could drive it 3rd party if it wasnt registered to me and it didnt even need 2 be insured by the owner, just taxed and mot'd, (y)
get that in writing or you could end up in trouble,look at your policy booklet,page 6,if its the same as mine, theres a list of 5or6conditions,one of them is that the car is otherwise insured:worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.