R53 Dark Silver Cooper S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
So the 130i is away to Cheshire and this is the replacement I picked up this evening-

2003 R53 Mini Cooper S
74K miles
Dark Grey / White Roof and Mirrors
Chili Pack
Xenons
Black Satellite Leather
Alta 2% Crank Shaft Pulley
Alta 15% Supercharger Pulley
Samco Hoses
Induction Kit (top be replaced with standard air box)
Direnza SS Exhaust, Cat Back (too loud, will be replaced with JCW or stock)

Few iPhone pics from the night I went to view it -

null_zps337e25ee.jpg

null_zps87e47931.jpg

null_zps83284c6d.jpg

Bodywork is very tidy for a 10 year old car, couple of tiny dents that I'll get sorted. Needs a good detail so I'll dig the Megs Microfibre system out again.

Few things need sorting -

Front tyres are Hankook Evo V12 which seem to get good enough reviews but the rears are linglong and some other Chinese make. Not sure if I'll get 4 premium tyres or 2 more Hankooks. Need to read up on tyre choices for Minis.
Front speakers don't work
Change the chrome speaker surrounds etc. and dash trims to black
Replace the HU with something with Bluetooth / iPod interface
Replace the induction kit with a standard air box.
Replace the SS exhaust with a JCW or a stock Cooper S system
Remove the aftermarket alarm and get an additional key cut and coded.

Given my past track record, there's a fair chance the above list will get longer!
In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the whine of the Supercharger :grinning:

Cheers
D

dixy

RMS Regular
Yeah nice cars indeed, we had a red dooper D but the flat spot killed it so it's gone. ... I know that street too just round the corner from me ;-) health to drive.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Love these is grey! Can't wait to see more progress

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Great wee cars, health to drive.

Cheers (y)

Looks really well, health to enjoy!

Cheers (y)

Excellent. So much potential. I'm sure you'll enjoy this project.

Cheers G. Even with the mods it has now, it's still pretty quick. No idea what kind of power it has though.

Yeah nice cars indeed, we had a red dooper D but the flat spot killed it so it's gone. ... I know that street too just round the corner from me ;-) health to drive.

We have a Dooper too, Mrs. Deezer has a Pepper White R56. Do you live in Carrick @dixy?

Love these is grey! Can't wait to see more progress

Grey was my first colour choice Mel. I'll tidy this one up but probably not as obsessively as the last 2 cars. Think this one is lowered, probably on springs but I need to get a wheel off to check. Likely the springs will get ditched in favour of some KWs in the future though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That looks really well mate.

Looking forward to seeing the progress as you add your own touches (y).

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
i miss mine :worried: best colour in them!

It was your one that put me in thee notion for a Cooper S

That looks really well mate.

Looking forward to seeing the progress as you add your own touches (y).

Cheers Ian. Progress will probably start today if Central Tyres have any Hankooks in stock.

The brakes were done recently too - drilled and grooved discs, new pads and new handbrake cable. Will get the wheels off at the weekend and have a butchers

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Thoughts in comparison to the BM from a drive-ability perspective?

Very different. The 3.0L straight 6 was silky smooth and very linear throughout the rev range with a lovely exhaust note. This is much more "mechanical" feeling - hard to describe! Noisey with the exhaust and induction kit and the whine of the charger is addictive! Like chalk and cheese if I'm honest but still happy with my purchase.
Left it in to Central Tyres for 2 new Hankook Evo V12s there so it'll have matching tyres all round - satisfies the OCD :oops:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lovely. If I ever sell the Cupra ill be replacing it with one of these for a bit (y)

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Looks really well in that colour. Just don't go ruining it with silly fake wheels or ridiculous suspension!

Ceejay

RMS Regular
Drives
ep3 type r
Lovely car mate!

I have a set of these lights sitting here I had spare from the woman's old mini if you have any intrest in them,

null_zpsd1d261ba.jpg

null_zps552bda69.jpg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
vids!! lol

I might try and get one sorted

Nice car! Louder the better

Cheers Jas, its not a nice exhaust note though. Scouring the web for a JCW one to replace it.

Looks really well in that colour. Just don't go ruining it with silly fake wheels or ridiculous suspension!

Nope, no £150 coilovers and fake BBS going on it. Might get some "proper" coilovers though, we'll see. If I do get them, it'll be KWs again. I quite like the wheels on it at minute anyway. The only thing I'd change them for is some Team Dynamics 1.2.
Lovely car mate!

I have a set of these lights sitting here I had spare from the woman's old mini if you have any intrest in them,

Cheers (y) I'll give you a shout if I'm thinking of swapping the rear lights out. For the minute though I'm just going to get the niggly things sorted (tyres are now done) first.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Couple of dirty engine bay pics. Looks like it has an Alta Intercooler Air Diverter, Oil Catch Can (I think), Intake Tube (not sure which filter though) and supercharger couplers

null_zps0d725c04.jpg

null_zpsba44194f.jpg

null_zps1c2790a9.jpg

null_zps290d1235.jpg

Cheers
D

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Good to hear it won't be gypsy-specced :p

I didn't think i'd ever say this, but i would actually drive one of these. High praise really, as i'd never really think of myself in a new shape Mini. :-#

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.