Racing Blue Clio 182

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I bought this last week as a replacement for the Gti. It's does everything it did only better and is very useable as a daily when needed as it's a lot newer with a lot more spec. It has cup packs, Turinis, eibachs and a full miltek system. I can keep this in the drive over the winter without fear of it rotting away as where the Gti was just a bit too old and fragile at its age.

I'm not changing anything looks wise but I do have a to do list of bits and pieces to replace and a few things to tidy up over time. It will be getting sorn'd once the Cupra arrives so I'll just be gathering parts over winter.

A couple of pics before the sun went down as it was dry today

IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG

(y)

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Having a feeling I know who used to own this! We looked after it for the previous owner and carried out quite a bit of work over the last couple of years.

Very well looked after little car :grinning:.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Having a feeling I know who used to own this! We looked after it for the previous owner and carried out quite a bit of work over the last couple of years.

Very well looked after little car :grinning:.

Indeed, the previous owner is an RMS'er. Piles of history and receipts for work over the years. It's had 3 timing belt changes and only on 74k lol.
Previous owner looked after it very well and I will be doing the same, there's a couple of minor cosmetic bits to sort but it's immaculate underneath and a really well sorted wee car.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Beautiful and as eddie mentioned a very good example as well! I agree with everyone else too, bar maybe liquid yellow racing blue on turns is the best combo!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Absolutely perfect indeed (y).

Is the GTi away? What happened there?!

Yeah the GTI is away to london. A fella made me a decent offer on it and I sold it on as it was just a bit too old for a 2nd car and really needed garage. The Clio is a much better alternative and it had the spec I was after.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Beautiful and as eddie mentioned a very good example as well! I agree with everyone else too, bar maybe liquid yellow racing blue on turns is the best combo!

Liquid yellow is my number 1 colour in them but just none about, racing blue is def a close 2nd though. Funny how it changes depending on the light. Sometimes its really deep but a totally different shade in the bright sun

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Out of all the cars I've had (probably around 40) it's in top 3 for fun and handling, so much feed back from it and it really corners like a grey hound

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Out of all the cars I've had (probably around 40) it's in top 3 for fun and handling, so much feed back from it and it really corners like a grey hound

Wait to the Cupra arrives

Clio looks fantastic, is the Cupra not going to be a daily?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Oh aye the Cupra will be the daily along with the zoe, we need 2 cars on certain days of the week with my wife's shift pattern. The 182 may become the 2nd car once the zoe goes back next June but I'd prefer to keep it for weekends where possible. 182 will be sorned over winter when the Cupra appears eventually!

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Stunning, again if its the same previous owner i'm thinking... you've got a very very clean car.

Enjoy it, cant beat a 182 on a back road!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It is a good one, a few car park dings to be popped out around the car and the front bumper needs a small crack fixed after an altercation with a badger:-#

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
That is lovely Baz (y)
You must be on first name terms with the people in the DVA with the amount of V5 forms youve changed your name on:p
Really love that colour/wheel combo(y)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Lol aye i'm sure they know me by now....this ones a keeper though :party:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.