red car- white sh*t over it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

the_farmer

RMS Member
Drives
7840 TURBO!!/mk5
bought the civic there, but the man be4 me must ave plasted the polish on 2 her because, all them water channels in the roof an insde of the boot are covered in white hard stuff, and it wont wash of, any ideas how t get it off?? or watit is???

Attachments

• Mess1.jpg
    Mess1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Mess2.jpg
    Mess2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Mess3.jpg
    Mess3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 243

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
if it was me, i would spray a wee drop of alloy wheel cleaner, leave it for a very short time and then attack with power hose..

saxo_man

RMS Regular
dd-polow said:
if it was me, i would spray a wee drop of alloy wheel cleaner, leave it for a very short time and then attack with power hose..
You really couldn't powerhouse that :scream: unless you wanted to clean the interior too

Adam_mk2

Drives
Xsara VTR
T-cut, Moves all manner of nasties and you can work at it without much fear of damaging the paint. Looks like traces of old compound to me.

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
You really couldn't powerhouse that :scream: unless you wanted to clean the interior too

Of course you could powerhose that, sure there is a huge lip, and a rubber seal, at the very most you will get a bit of overspray into the car but nothing that will do any damage at all.. I know this as i had green moss in the exact same area and i used the powerhose method to great effect..

Its a tricky area to try and get a cloth into because the tailgate blocks its.. so yeah powerhose..

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
i bought a red corsa and inside the doorshuts was exactly the same.. i just gave it another polish and it took it all back off..

Baz C

Banned
I wouldn't put alloy wheel cleaner on paintwork tbh, but powerhosing it wouldn't be a problem either (most valeters powerhose all the shuts on cars)

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I stand corrected, but good to know! My Saxo boot is all green moss at the top, but never got round to cleaning it lol

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
I wouldn't put alloy wheel cleaner on paintwork tbh, but powerhosing it wouldn't be a problem either (most valeters powerhose all the shuts on cars)

I agree Baz.. Not good for it.. but i said what i would do.. in the context of my 96 white polo.. dont leave it on long at all.. Now come the time i go out and buy a decent motor with a nice metallic paint job then no i wouldnt spray alloy wheel cleaner.. Although sayin that the areas he is looking cleaned are out of eyesight, and as long as it isnt on for long it wont create any damage

Ruth

RMS Regular
I would try a bit of All purpose cleaner and a detail brush on the fiddly stubborn places - round trim etc, then powerhose it all

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Looks like its seen a good buffing and its probably well stuck on compound, maybe a bit rash but quick simple and effective, brush on a little bit of gunk then as said, power hose off, job done :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.