Reflective film

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
I need some reflective film for my garage windows, is there anywhere that sells it by the metre need about 5-6m ?

Had a look in Halfords (Lisburn) at the weekend, but they only had rolls for van windows in stock.

Lexx

RMS Regular
OP
Lexx
Drives
German Scrap
Aii lad, thought about buying them with privacy glass in them but I wanna be able to see out of them clearly...anyone ?

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
its hardly rocket science tbh

it requires the window properly cleaned
window sprayed with fairy liquid and water mix
tint placed over
air bubbled moved out with credit card of the likes
left to dry

on a garage window itd be a grand job
my gf's dad did it on the windows of my mates corsa and its sweet over a year on.

tim

RMS Regular
Defo not rocket science, infact its very simple, but getting a technique for it is more like than art.

I done the tints on the zr and To get it to a decent standard its hardly what I'd call easy took me and kylus atleast 4 attempts to get it perfect.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
yea tim, on your car. this is a garage window im on about. obvioulsy its more tricky on a car, or companies would be able to change £400 for it to be done

i mean i doubt he'll care too much if theres a few bubbles in his garage window

rosssei

RMS Regular
just give it a bash yourself mate, garage window should be easier as its flat, compared to a car window which always has a slight bend in it!

Lexx

RMS Regular
OP
Lexx
Drives
German Scrap
Cheers guys, ive made it easy for myself, the double glazing units havent arrived yet so I can film them them cut it to size, then fit the units into the frames so it should be wee buns, i'll ask Burntcarcus to give me a hand, he's done it a few times (Subtle hint Andy lol).

Still looking somewhere to get the film tho, trying ebay now, I travel about quite a bit, so distance no object in N.I.

Thanks

rosssei

RMS Regular
think postage is ok, prob high as it will need to be well packaged!

i may have some lying around my house - see can i hoke it out and see is it any use matey :grinning:

tim

RMS Regular
aye flat paneled windows are simple! done my bedroom windows for abit of craic, will try and find the photos later ha

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
No worries lexx, let me know when you got all the kit and ill pop up. Cost ya a coffee and a bun though ;)

Lexx

RMS Regular
OP
Lexx
Drives
German Scrap
Cheers arse, you allways were a cheap date ;), got the film ordered, I'll give you a shout when I get back from Portugal.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.