Refurbished wheel not balancing

bill

Banned
I sold on Ebay a Refurbish powder coated wheel and the guy has said its buckled and has went to 3 different places and different tyres each time but not balancing he asked for a refund but no talk of sending wheel back.

The back plate was clean there was no paint i checked before sending it.
He has opened a complaint with Ebay and left bad feedback lucky Ebay removed that.

I have said i will take back the wheel said sorry for any hassle and will refund him the money once the wheel lands back here.

Once it returns should i take it back to the company that did the refurbishment i was wondering do they check the wheel after they refurbish them.
How much if i cant get any outcome from them would it be to get it fixed.

Bloody already cost me £30 in delivery and fees and now return cost only sold it for £100 i hate Ebay.

colin84

RMS Regular
He probably won't bother with the hassle of sending it back. If he does there is a chance he will send you his own ****ed wheel.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
@colin84 i was thinking that i hope he does i always take loads of photos before i send things condition and package.
I will just inform Ebay with all the photos.
If he does send it back can i get it fixed.

colin84

RMS Regular
Where the wheels balanced after the refurb?

This is why I don’t powder coat wheels, especially reps. The heat involved is too much. Also paint is a better finish.

I think his wheels were genuine.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
This is why I don’t powder coat wheels, especially reps. The heat involved is too much. Also paint is a better finish.
They where factory wheels i have never had any problems before but will think again about Powder coating.

pablo

RMS Moderator
No refurbisher I’m aware of will check the balance of a wheel when doing their work. Unless they are fitting tyres at the end.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
He has come back to me saying he has the wheel fitted to the back of the car as it doesnt effect steering he cant buy another he is broke.
He had to replace a damaged wheel sent me photos of that so will be without his car if he sends it back wants me to refund him and he will buy one of someone else and return my wheel.

Which has now been fitted to his car and used maybe marked what the hell do i do.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
@wes I was thinking of telling ebay about this but will wait and see what he says to my reply.
I have the emails thru ebay messages.

Reactions: wes

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Yeah treat it the same as any other object/transaction, if it was a phone or laptop you wouldn't refund first.

If he's that stuck then he could get a steelie from a scrapyard.

If it was me I would tell them I was happy to refund as soon as I receive the item back and leave it at that.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Billy
It sounds to me like he just wants a wheel for nothing. I'd be very clear and concise in your messages through ebay - he gets a refund as soon as you get *your* wheel back. Not a moment before.

Good luck!!

N

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Billy
It sounds to me like he just wants a wheel for nothing. I'd be very clear and concise in your messages through ebay - he gets a refund as soon as you get *your* wheel back. Not a moment before.

Good luck!!

N
Yeah mate thats my exact words to him i said my advert said no returns first off the wheel was newly powder coated and all i want is its return and i will refund him if it is as sent.
@Boabybooster i just hope i am using all my bad luck up at the minute so my run of good luck comes just before my operation to my back. Starting to think your right but i cant stay of the best wee forum RMS.
Boabybooster you have got me thinking i have enough Morphine and Lyrica here to kill a donkey i think it could be time to just call it a day to everything cheerio.

Last edited:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Yeah mate thats my exact words to him i said my advert said no returns first off the wheel was newly powder coated and all i want is its return and i will refund him if it is as sent.
@Boabybooster i just hope i am using all my bad luck up at the minute so my run of good luck comes just before my operation to my back. Starting to think your right but i cant stay of the best wee forum RMS.
Boabybooster you have got me thinking i have enough Morphine and Lyrica here to kill a donkey i think it could be time to just call it a day to everything cheerio.
Jesus @Boabybooster get the first flight over to bills and console the man.... oh on your way could you drop up the the Corsa fella & buy him a wheel in bills name. Lol
Joking aside @bill tell the man the e-bay rules stipulate that you can’t refund untill your product is back in your hands and even then you are only doing it as a good Will gesture mate.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Seen on Facebook a guy bought a rear spoiler/wing. It arrived with a crack on the bottom and a broken arm.
He complained and the seller denied all knowledge. Buyer said it was def broken before as there was cloth fluff caught in the crack.
Buyer said post it back and he'd see if he could fix it to keep himself and refund.
Buyer posted it back and when the seller received it he sent HIM pics of the crack etc and said HIS courier damaged it posting it back :joy:

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
EBay is terrible as a seller, you are pretty much shafted every way you look if you get a slightly dishonest person, had one recently where a guy bought a set of S15 wind deflectors, they are translucent black, the guy claimed they were too purple when the light came through them, after weeks of owning them. He won his case with Paypal, even though I had pictures showing everything and even screenshots of our conversation explaining the colour. Out of pocket £30 by the end of that.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
EBay is terrible as a seller, you are pretty much shafted every way you look if you get a slightly dishonest person, had one recently where a guy bought a set of S15 wind deflectors, they are translucent black, the guy claimed they were too purple when the light came through them, after weeks of owning them. He won his case with Paypal, even though I had pictures showing everything and even screenshots of our conversation explaining the colour. Out of pocket £30 by the end of that.
Yeah i haven't sold on eBay since I got bad feedback. Went from 100% for near 10years of selling 250odd items, to 91.4% or something rediculous because of one guy.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’d do an online chat with eBay. I find in times like this it doesn’t do any harm to have them on your side and show you are genuine. Take their advice.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
This really put me over the edge this weekend upset me big time the company that did the wheel didnt reply so on my own to sort it.
Ebay are useless i rang them and told them the guy was using the wheel.
He then spoke to them and said he had to put a tyre on it to check it was ok so they sided with him again.

I have not got the mindset at the minute i have a pre operation assessment tomorrow for surgery so nerves wrecked.
He emailed me and said some money of would sort the problem i told delivery cost back to me was £15 thats all or return the wheel.
He took that £15 if the wheel is fooked i don't want it back would cost to fix it so i gave up.

God help my poor wife i was a complete mess this weekend terrible git to everyone that spoke to me.
Thanks everyone if it wasn't for you lot i would have done something stupid cheers.