Remapping std ecu???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gazvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
S-Line
Is there anyone that can an has the equipment to remap a std ecu for a 97 saxo vts will not be std car will be ready for mapping in january no come to the door jobs either has tobe a first class job setup

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Pretty sure a standard VTS ECU can't be remapped. You'd need the likes of a Dastek piggyback ECU.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
As said Gaz you can't simply reprogram the standard ECU, you either need a piggyback or else standalone management, can't see the latter being necessary.

Dastek is good but is there anyone over here who can do it? Triple 7?

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
well u will learn something new everyday mk1 saxo's ecu map is stored on an EPROM chip
As anyone with any tech knowledge knows that stands for Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
In other words the map is static and read only but can with a laptop and the right cable be erased and programmed
So you can wipe the map and put a new one on

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
well thats wot i am look'n for someone to do this only place i know off is the uk no need for a piggy back or standalone unless i want to go higher than 150hp

Bronk

RMS Regular
just watch the gear box in it...they cant take really ne abuse

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
yep had to put another 1.1 box till i get the vts 1 sorted last 1.1box **** itself lol

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
well it's ok up to 3rd then 4th an 5th is **** but once u come to the 5k rpm range it will start pulling again in 5th if u want a box thats better get a ax gti or 106 xsi or even better 106 rally box

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Thing is though, even if it is remappable, what is a remap going to give an N/A engine? Better saving a few more pennies and getting the likes of an Emerald

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
i have a ax gti box here but will never sell it needs rebuild diff is gone an 2nd,3rd is gone

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
metro1800 said:
Thing is though, even if it is remappable, what is a remap going to give an N/A engine? Better saving a few more pennies and getting the likes of an Emerald
well if ur fitting cams on it to get the best outa them u need a remap done

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
gazvtr said:
i have a ax gti box here but will never sell it needs rebuild diff is gone an 2nd,3rd is gone

The MA gearboxes are identical to Rover 200/400/Metro boxes internally, and they are about as tough as a pound of sh!te

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
gazvtr said:
well if ur fitting cams on it to get the best outa them u need a remap done

But my point was, for a few quid more you could have a fully mappable set-up. Costs more, but the gains would be big

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
yes i do agree ewith u but standalones have no map for idle so it's crap for round town if i wanted to fit TB'S or a turbo well i would opt for this i am using this as my main driver an buying another car so why spend money were it's not needed

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
gazvtr said:
well u will learn something new everyday mk1 saxo's ecu map is stored on an EPROM chip
As anyone with any tech knowledge knows that stands for Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
In other words the map is static and read only but can with a laptop and the right cable be erased and programmed
So you can wipe the map and put a new one on
Yes most chips are EPROMS but the fact they can be erased and reprogrammed still means they can only done within the limits of the standard ECU using mapping codes and therefore thats why aftermarket systems like Dastek/Emerald/DTA exist as they are more capable and widely used amongst regular engine tuners/ ECU remappers.

gazvtr

RMS Regular
OP
gazvtr
Drives
S-Line
i.e on a vts mods to get around 145hp-160hp depending on wot cams u use all u need
full s/s exhaust with decat
4 branch mani
a good induction kit
catcam 708's
285's/pt51's the pistons need dishing for further valve clearance
an a good remap u will easily hit 145-160hp

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.