Removing Paint From Interior

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Any tips for removing 5L of black paint from an interior carpet and seats? Not me, but someone in my wife’s work.

I suggested abandoning the car somewhere and reporting it stolen.

What type of paint? Oil based, forget about it. Water based, steam, extraction and plenty of patience.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Insurance claim or a scrapyard interior bound to be a more cost/ time effective way forward. I can't see you getting 5l of any kind of paint out completely.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yea, no point messing around with the interior the way it is. A replacement is the only way forward.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Only seeing this now.

Black paint water based paint should be ok to get out albeit a PITA .....if it's well dried in it will will a massive PITA

I did a 2017 Audi S5 with this problem recently. The guy had a newly bought 5l tin of white emulsion fall over in the passenger footwell :scream:

I told him to just get new mats for all the cost of them or take the mat away and put it in his washing machine as I wasn't for using mine (wifes!) and it's not worth the time to clean it after it had been soaked in the paint.

He had had a go at cleaning it himself and had got bits if paint everywhere, steering wheel, seat belts, seats, seat controls, gear stick, buttons, trim, glove box = nightmare!!!

Lots of wet washing and wet microfibre cloths and finished with a little carpet dye as well as a good interior detail while I had it.................Came up as new. ;)

Before and after.........

DSC_2514.JPG
DSC_2515.JPG
DSC_2519.JPG
DSC_2520.JPG

Last edited: