Removing swirl marks?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

civic_c

RMS Regular
i have tried a few things on the bonnet but they just wont budge, anyone got any good tips or links on the best process and products for the job??

cheers in advance

brendy

RMS Regular
silverline polisher or similar at a low speed and little pressure, some g3 and water to smooth it down a little then the world is your oyster, autoglym, nattys, xymol, maguiars etc.

civic_c

RMS Regular
OP
C
by hand, if it can be done? I was told G3 can harm the paint if not done correctly?

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
realistically your not really gonna remove them by hand and if you are itll take days, and days. What you could do is try to fill the swirls using the likes of Super resin polish and clearkote red moose glaze, what colours the car?

civic_c

RMS Regular
OP
C
thought that myself, porter cable or similar?? the cars ''matador red'' basically marron lol Is there anyone in and around belfast/ lisburn whos handy at removing them?

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
Ruth in lisburn, Lenny in belfast i think, both very handy at removing them. Yeah you would need a portercable or a rotary to do it yourself but a rotary is easier to make a mess if you use the rong techniques or products!

brendy

RMS Regular
g3 is used with lots of water and sprayed at intervals its easy to do and as long as you dont whak up the rotary to thousands of rpm itll be fine, do it small section by section and yo will noice a hell of a difference.

Paul_C

Drives
Passat B5.5
Here is a question to follow up on this ;

If you manage to remove the swirls by porter cable etc etc, after a few washes, how does the car look? Like a new paint or dulled down etc etc?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
you will have to polish it after you attack it with a pc to make it brighter.

if done right it should look as new once polish and waxes are applied.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.