Renaultsport Megane RS300

fastmack

RMS Regular
Just picked up my new RS300 and loving it, credit to the last owner it is 2020 model but pretty much as new. This is my third Renaultsport with the last two being Clio RS. After more than a few years of being sensible after having kids I couldn’t resist the urge to get this car especially now the Renaultsport brand is being killed off for Hybrids and Electrics (booo!).

The engine in this is the same as the Alpine A110 and the exhaust note is just perfect with enough cracks and bangs to keep a smile on my face in sport mode.

Planning to keep it standard for now anyway and interested to hear of any other Renaultsports on the forum! I will get more pics later, these were a couple of quick ones today over some mountain roads which this car just absolutely eats the corners on.

570F490D-02C9-4E38-84E9-8A76C778EFF7.jpeg
558BD77C-5EF9-4196-9360-EE7B1DF311C3.jpeg

fastmack

RMS Regular
OP
fastmack
Very nice indeed. Found myself looking at these in similar searches to Golf R's recently.
Thanks, yes was looking at the Golf R’s as well they are probably the quickest for the money in a straight line, I had a spin in a DSG version and scared myself! Something unique about the Renaultsports I think and the engineering behind them but then I am biased. Still getting used to the 4 wheel steer on this and really like it.

fastmack

RMS Regular
OP
fastmack
Cool car. Kind of forget about these fast Renaults nowadays.

Also, what sort of plate is that?! Some new NI series out now?
Cheers. I think it’s just a standard NI one but I quite like it.
Unreal, one of the best there looking recent hot hatches! Renaultsport has a small enough following here, I have 2 and as mentioned @300trophy & @Samy888 have lovely examples! Is it manual or auto?
It’s the Auto which I really prefer actually. I had the auto in my last Clio RS as well but this one is even smoother and rapid through the gears in sport.