Retro Fitting isofix

Frazer6666

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi a4 avant
Has anyone done this??

looking to get the child seat into my audi but the seat has isofix only and cant be belted in, read on audi forums about guys doing it but any links supplied for the brackets lead no were, i can get the brackets from audi at a price of £90 for the bracket and then extra for the bolts think that's a rip off tbh, can find brackets online for other cars and there average price is £30,

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I'd be very surprised if Audi isn't already pre drilled / threaded for ISOFIX, should really be a matter of getting the hooks. Audi breakers maybe? Look for other cars which share the platform, for example if its a A4 look for Passat / Exeo / Superb

mcauleyj

RMS Regular
Hi Frazer,,
Yep - I did this on my A4 B6.
Got the brackets through a fella my Da knows that worked in a breakers, paid about £20 or £30 inc bolts.
Mine were a bit tatty so threw them in some citric acid solution for a while then washed them down and gave them a coat or two of satin black.

1591193388407.png

1591193473855.png

1591193721540.png

The part numbers you need are:
8E0813545A (LHS)
8E0813546A (RHS)
WHT001230 (x4 Bolts)

1591193325431.png

From memory the same parts are fitted to the A4 B6,B7 and the A6 C6, as well as the others you mentioned Exeo and maybe passats.
Mine was the saloon and I needed to flip up the rear seat to get proper access - ended up needing to buy one replacement plastic clip for the bench seat.

John

Attachments

• 1591193549851.png
    1591193549851.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49

Frazer6666

RMS Regular
OP
Frazer6666
Drives
Audi a4 avant
hopefully got sorted, bought a set of ebay out of an exeo £50 inc bolts, phoned round a few breakers yesterday morning and none would sell them for health and safety which is fair enough being for a childs seat, will keep posted when they arrive

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
What Audi model and year have you got? I’m surprised it doesn’t have Isofix. My old A4 cabriolet has them on both rear and the front passenger seat.

Frazer6666

RMS Regular
OP
Frazer6666
Drives
Audi a4 avant
What Audi model and year have you got? I’m surprised it doesn’t have Isofix. My old A4 cabriolet has them on both rear and the front passenger seat.

06 b7 a4 avant, defo none there, read on an audi forum there were a few b7s fitted from factory with isofix, I reckon probably the 08 b7 just before the b8 as they have isofix

Frazer6666

RMS Regular
OP
Frazer6666
Drives
Audi a4 avant
Update

Brackets arrived today, had same part numbers as above, was going to do a step by step but didn't see much point as it was a 10 min job even with my 2 year old on top of my head

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Ha. Mine doesnt. I don't think. Front only, didn't know they did them in the rear for the B6 verts!

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Thread bump - does anyone know if the Bora/mk4 era platform came with isofix as standard? If I can retrofit mounting points easily and safely into the Bora it would be ideal

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Thread bump - does anyone know if the Bora/mk4 era platform came with isofix as standard? If I can retrofit mounting points easily and safely into the Bora it would be ideal
IMG_20210319_174116.jpg

Just checked for you and surprisingly my 2001 Bora has the points. My car is a higher spec than most so I duno if it's a spec thing and you might want someone to check another one to confirm but it's definitely there in some it seems.

Connor

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
View attachment 316391

Just checked for you and surprisingly my 2001 Bora has the points. My car is a higher spec than most so I duno if it's a spec thing and you might want someone to check another one to confirm but it's definitely there in some it seems.

Connor
Thanks for checking that Connor much appreciated!

now the question is how much are you looking for them? :p

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
My 02 Golf has them also. Again welded in as standard. Doesn't looks as if something you can retrofit? Just lift your back seats and see? Dunno if they're there as standard on all years/models I'm afraid.