Retrospective : Honda Integra Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yep they are some job, when I've been down in my Alfa, I just get driven around all the time lol. 1300kg and 155bhp = (n) :worried:

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
So, moral of the story : buy a DC2 :laughing:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Or, make the alfa go faster....:imp:

And no, I don't live near a cliff that I can push it off...:p

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Could always get a DC2 to tow it ..............................

;)

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Unreal cars, deffo gonna own another come summer when I've finished with the ATR

My old one
Screenshot_2015-03-12-18-10-39.png

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Had a run in bronkos one years ago and have to say as much as I'm not a jap fan, it was a complete go kart and a hoot to drive on twisty bits

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
My old dc2 had a habit of the back wheels lifting off the ground if I went over humps fast enough. @I R HillBilly lol. It was defo the most fun car ive owned. The only problem with all vtecs is you have to drive like a hooligan everywhere you go.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
My old dc2 had a habit of the back wheels lifting off the ground if I went over humps fast enough. @I R HillBilly lol. It was defo the most fun car ive owned. The only problem with all vtecs is you have to drive like a hooligan everywhere you go.

They were always a bit light at the rear end, I had a few hairy oversteer moments in mine as did my brother in his. I agree about the vtec thing, you get to a certain age where it's no longer feasible to drive like a maniac everywhere to make progress lol. In saying that I still have a hankering for a DC2 again, even if for track use.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
If you haven't had a ropey oversteer moment in a DC2 you're not driving it right :p (just kidding, youre driving it very wrong) I remember my one I was looking at the side of a lorry,(Came off a roundabout far too hard onto a dual carrigeway and lifted off for some reason) Still amazes me to this day how I was able to hold it.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Hell, I had a ropey oversteer moment in a 1.4 Civic while trying to avoid some t**t in a d-turbine. Those old Honda's where great craic.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Great article Gaz. I've been lucky enough to drive 2 of these - The first was a 99k specimen that was being sold by a "trader" in Dunmurry some years back that wasn't as mint as he claimed and it didn't blow me away when I drove it, I still think to this day it had something wrong with it. The second was a work colleague's that had 127k but it felt like it had half the mileage of the Dunmurry one. That was a 20 minute drive I'll never forget and made up for the disappointment of the first.

I've yet to try a DC5 but I would echo Gaz's comments, that if you get the chance to take a DC2 for a spin, DO NOT pass it up. In 5 years time, there will be fewer and fewer of these about to give you that opportunity again.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Such great cars and a nice tribute Gaz. Not the quickest (anymore) or most comfortable but you really feel so connected between the road & the machine when you are in the hot seat and I think they are quite predictable ('chuckable!') plus they are super reliable too unlike a lot of modern hot hatches :grinning: I prefer the look of the JDM myself but I've had both (i think I've had 6 JDMs and 2 UKDMs). I remember one of mine that had some work done and the rev needle would go off the clock past 10k for about 2 seconds before it limited, must have been around 10,500 rpm. Such a glorious sound!
They got & still get a lot of stick for not having good torque figures but imo the whole package comes together very nicely just they way it is.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
I think they still give most modern cars a run for their money tbh, 200 brake and they weigh very little compared to modern cars. Weights the killer in the more modern stuff.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Great article Gaz. I've been lucky enough to drive 2 of these - The first was a 99k specimen that was being sold by a "trader" in Dunmurry some years back that wasn't as mint as he claimed and it didn't blow me away when I drove it, I still think to this day it had something wrong with it. The second was a work colleague's that had 127k but it felt like it had half the mileage of the Dunmurry one. That was a 20 minute drive I'll never forget and made up for the disappointment of the first.

I've yet to try a DC5 but I would echo Gaz's comments, that if you get the chance to take a DC2 for a spin, DO NOT pass it up. In 5 years time, there will be fewer and fewer of these about to give you that opportunity again.

I've a funny feeling the one in Dunmurry may have been one of the ones I had. I remember seeing the car (same reg as when I had it) sitting up that direction. Unfortunately, after it left my hands it went to a workmate (health & safety manager, ironically), who proceeded to crash it badly - twice, once with a load of fellow H&S people in the car :p ! The next time I saw it the panels were lined up badly, and god knows what kinda hit the chassis took. Would certainly explain why you felt there was something not quite right.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Did it have a patch of rust just in front of the passenger rear wheel, under the white paint? It was standard as far as I could tell. Some young lad was selling it from a lockup down a lane opposite a service station. He had to even go and get a £5 of petrol to get it running.

Edit: This would've be about 4 or 5 years back, actually.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
May well have as it took a knock in that area, can't remember tbh

Stevie91

RMS Regular
What time of money would you be a talking for a good one of these (standard if possible)? I know there can't be many left.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
X2, have sat behind many a one of these at kirkistown and marvelled at how they corner. It's like just chuck it it at any speed to scrub off speed with a touch of understeer then play with the back end on the way out. It's too easy almost.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Anyone fancy a nearly finished project red UK? I was doing a load to mine with my granda, he passed away last year and I can't get my heart into finishing it anymore.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Anyone fancy a nearly finished project red UK? I was doing a load to mine with my granda, he passed away last year and I can't get my heart into finishing it anymore.

Pm a few details and price.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.