RIPSPEED DVD in halfords DV101

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

livefreeordie

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru wrx
what do you think of it? ive been looking for something like this for ages and this seems half decent for the price that is £399 (half price) even though its made by ripspeed lol,

is it a good buy or should i consider something else?

pablo

RMS Moderator
saw this the other day too - looks great value! At least it will have a yrs warranty too unlike what youd get off ebay for that price.

livefreeordie

RMS Regular
OP
livefreeordie
Drives
Subaru wrx
yea mate i agree, however it does look a bit plasticy when closed but i suppose u cant have it every way

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
i reckon they're class. selling quite a lot of them, easy to fit, well put together and there isnt THAT many wires out the back to confuse people.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Noticed these myself thought it looked alot better than alot of others i'd seen for bigger money

The only thing is there'll be a far better one next month at the same price, the value of them is dropping everyday

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
deffo seem to be decent enough quality

much better than other offereings ive seen

they play MP3 from DVD's as well so thats 4.7GB of MP3!!!! dunno how muny tracks it is but its a brave few lol

baron

RMS Regular
fitted one of these to a lexus the other day, have to say i was supprised at what all you get for the money so defo a (y) from me on the value for money and not a bad we unit if you caould live with the ripspeed graphics built into the menu's :confounded:

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
ripspeed graphix built into the menus... loverly :confounded:

probably a decent bit of kit for £399 going on the fact tey have to warranty them.. its a bit different selling it on ebay where u just say ah me no speaka de engleeesssse and u have no warranty.

tho realistically they are not going to be the same screen quality of say higher end alpine / kenwood / pioneer etc so dont go buying one expecting it to be identical.

easy fitment, cheap price... they`ll sell by the bucket load.

oh and are they remote controlled or touch screen?

lee-r33

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 Skyline
fitted one of these to my mates car few weeks ago seems to be a good bit of kit

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
OLLIeCrX said:
ripspeed graphix built into the menus... loverly :confounded:

probably a decent bit of kit for £399 going on the fact tey have to warranty them.. its a bit different selling it on ebay where u just say ah me no speaka de engleeesssse and u have no warranty.

tho realistically they are not going to be the same screen quality of say higher end alpine / kenwood / pioneer etc so dont go buying one expecting it to be identical.

easy fitment, cheap price... they`ll sell by the bucket load.

oh and are they remote controlled or touch screen?

400-309484.jpg

• They come with 2 remotes
  • non touch screen.
  • Play MP3 tracks burnt on DVD that's 4.7GB on one disc
  • Rear mounted auxiliary input for MP3 players
  • Great sytem building potential
  • Advanced display trchnology
  • Rear view camera compatible
  • 4 x 50W
  • RDS
  • 75W minimum, 200W maximum output
  • 1 x 2V pre-out
  • MP3
  • DVD
  • Line-in, Aux-in
The only reason i didnt buy one, was the fact that the face doesnt come off :confounded:

baron

RMS Regular
no touch screen was a bit of a let down esp when you get so used to using it on the high end stuff, i kept touching the screen for the controls and had to keep thinking for a mo why nothing was happening doh!!, but for the price what can you expect, and on another plus note, it had 5.1 out from the rca's so no need for out board processor, one promblem i did find was i could only get front and sub line out output from the tuner no rears working, but in dvd mode ithe rear output was working, not sure if it was just a setting thing :confounded:

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
we've got the alpine, pioneer and ripspeed screens all on display together, and im hard pushed to pick one with noticabely better screen quality...

lee-r33

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 Skyline
baron said:
no touch screen was a bit of a let down esp when you get so used to using it on the high end stuff, i kept touching the screen for the controls and had to keep thinking for a mo why nothing was happening doh!!, but for the price what can you expect, and on another plus note, it had 5.1 out from the rca's so no need for out board processor, one promblem i did find was i could only get front and sub line out output from the tuner no rears working, but in dvd mode ithe rear output was working, not sure if it was just a setting thing :confounded:

you need to connect the subs to the front output on the hu then it'll all work as one

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
Richy said:
we've got the alpine, pioneer and ripspeed screens all on display together, and im hard pushed to pick one with noticabely better screen quality...

yeah the quality of the screens is all very good now, the main difference i have noticed is in the sound quality. the cheap ones lag behind a bit. but they are getting better...

blackclio_16vni

im in the coleraine store and have a Alpine 310d and i hav to say the picture quality on the Ripspeed screen is better BUT the sound lets the ripspeed screen down a lot.

Overall a top unit for the money mate!!

blackclio_16vni

im in the coleraine store and have a Alpine 310d and i hav to say the picture quality on the Ripspeed screen is better BUT the sound lets the ripspeed screen down a lot.

Overall a top unit for the money mate!!

baron

RMS Regular
Lee-8-Ball-Auto said:
you need to connect the subs to the front output on the hu then it'll all work as one

I was fitting it to a six channel amp, and the customer wanted independant control from the head unit for front, rear and sub :sob:

lee-r33

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 Skyline
lol sounds like fun i had that problem with the tuner not working the subs and that solved it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.