RMS Cars & Coffee Sundays 2023

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
There is also Billy Neill Football Grounds - these guys have a stand there

However I did sleg them off for poor coffee at the weekend but hopefully that was just a one off - would need to check they are open early on a Sunday and also if the centre doesnt mind - I would assume this area is busy enough with people walking and running about the grounds - also, some big enough ramps getting in but my S3 is fine with them.

RMS headers and volley's???

1683722882206.png

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
ive got to say, armagh is not certain death, but you have to go through death zones to get to it.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Even the outlet in Banbridge, theres a Mcdonalds there. Then if anyone wanted to head across to Rathfriland-Hilltown then up Spelga and into the carpark that is Newcastle
There was one at the outlet/boulevard a few years back that was organised by a classic car club, think it was the odd Sunday through the summer which eventually was called off because it started to draw the dickhead crowd and the council got involved. I think it might be a tough one to start up there again.

Phil_ray

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Rav4
There was one at the outlet/boulevard a few years back that was organised by a classic car club, think it was the odd Sunday through the summer which eventually was called off because it started to draw the dickhead crowd and the council got involved. I think it might be a tough one to start up there again.

thats pretty much it.

KevM

RMS Regular

I don't really believe that story. The Classic guys were really well behaved compared to 90% of the McDonalds Drive-Thru clientele.

Plus, I have been to proper full-on ASBO Cruises many times since the Classic show was told to relocate

Gemma

RMS Regular
Regarding j1, sprucefield or outlet
It shouldn't matter. Its like 20 cars in total(if even) turning up for coffee and a natter.
what the difference in us being there and 20 other random strangers hah
It's not advertised anywhere but here. It's not a cars and coffee open to everyone as such.

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
I get that we could land anywhere for a coffee, applegreens, outlets etc as any member of the public could. There was 55+ cars as the last catch up, I’m confident most security places have an issue with unannounced, seemingly planned events irrespective of how it’s painted.

I’d like something that’s a little less grim than a random public carpark, and one where there’s little to no chance of people being cleared off, given hassle or told not to come back. I’m also not trying to have something where people are being asked to put their hands in their pockets, for charity or otherwise. We’re coming down with cars & coffee event choices weekly anyway of that type. It wasn’t a fancy venue but it was out of public domain and felt relaxed because of it.

I am still working on options and solutions in the background, it’s continuity that helps it grow so I’m not keen on chopping and changing plans regularly for something that hasn’t been nailed down for sure.

If someone wants to take charge and plan an outlet/ service station style meet up then please by all means, it’s not like people are stepping on my toes, I’ll be happy to support

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Regarding j1, sprucefield or outlet
It shouldn't matter. Its like 20 cars in total(if even) turning up for coffee and a natter.
what the difference in us being there and 20 other random strangers hah
It's not advertised anywhere but here. It's not a cars and coffee open to everyone as such.

So what you meant to say is, I’ll be at (insert location) for a coffee at (insert time) on (insert date), if I bump into any mature car owners I’ll be friendly enough to chat?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I get that we could land anywhere for a coffee, applegreens, outlets etc as any member of the public could. There was 55+ cars as the last catch up, I’m confident most security places have an issue with unannounced, seemingly planned events irrespective of how it’s painted.

I’d like something that’s a little less grim than a random public carpark, and one where there’s little to no chance of people being cleared off, given hassle or told not to come back. I’m also not trying to have something where people are being asked to put their hands in their pockets, for charity or otherwise. We’re coming down with cars & coffee event choices weekly anyway of that type. It wasn’t a fancy venue but it was out of public domain and felt relaxed because of it.

I am still working on options and solutions in the background, it’s continuity that helps it grow so I’m not keen on chopping and changing plans regularly for something that hasn’t been nailed down for sure.

If someone wants to take charge and plan an outlet/ service station style meet up then please by all means, it’s not like people are stepping on my toes, I’ll be happy to support
I agree with everything you say, a nice private sort of venue.
Can the guy in the bm ring up or call down and apologise to whoever and disassociate himself from the meeting

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

Ideally the OG location will remain. Offer them sexual favours.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.