RR After thoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Christopher said:
165.6bhp

bit dissappionted as he said there was bout 8-9hp being wasted on a couple of things

oil needs changed to non fully synthetic (something bout vtecs don't like fully synthetic)
induction kit is cr*p
blowout in exhaust
gear oil needs changed

bring on 175hp wit jus an exhaust and filter!!!

how did this compare to cartoyz RR?

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
cartoyz give a torque readout in Nm, 777 give it in lb/f

cartoyz do the rolling road in 5th (in my car anyway) whereas 777 do it in 4th

cartoyz give you a max speed

both places give plenty of useful information. can't say a bad word bout either of them

brendy

RMS Regular
how can they give you a max speed? my car is geared to just over 150, doesnt mean it'll ever make it, rr's dont provide the wind resistance to give accurate speeds.
i think they quote nm and max mph to make you feel better for them skinning a lot of cash for not very much!

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
na well i don't know how it works

they held the car flat in 5th. speedo clocked to 155 and it was bouncin off the clock

digital clock on wall read 154 first time and 155 second time

brendy

RMS Regular
personally i wouldnt be happy letting them do that to my car, 4th gear is fine for readings plus every so often you will see the redline at trackdays etc and know that its fine, redlining in a gear which never gets there is possibly asking for trouble.

pablo

RMS Moderator
can you post max bhp and torque for each place?

just remembering that you thought the torque was high and was wondering if 777 gave the same or close figure.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
you guys need to remember that the flywheel hp figures are never going to be spot-on its hp at the wheels that counts...

in many cases the standard correction (SAE hp) or whatever correction software the rolling road facilities use can be +/- a percentage..

triple7 claim +/- 2% for fwds and +/- 4% for rwd but every car has different transmission losses of varying percentages.

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
pablo i noticed after i posted that the torque figures from cartoyz were in Nm, not lb/f

cartoyz
170hp
156Nm
155mph in 5th

165.6hp
116.6lb/f
123.7mph in 4th

pablo

RMS Moderator
Christopher said:
pablo i noticed after i posted that the torque figures from cartoyz were in Nm, not lb/f

cartoyz
170hp
156Nm
155mph in 5th

165.6hp
116.6lb/f
123.7mph in 4th

116 x 1.35 = 156.5nm

looks pretty spot on to me.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
to convert lbs/ft into Nm multiply by 1.356 so the torque figures for the two RRs are very close

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
ah right. sorry guys at the time i thought my torque was 156lb/f and thats y i asked is this not a MASSIVE increase in torque over standard?!

standard torque is 107 i think

Cormac

RMS Regular
OP
Cormac
Intresting to see that there no real difference, id still say Triple 7 would give a more acturate figure as they only had there RR calibrated resently!

Cormac

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.