S1000RR Sport

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Thought I may as well stick a thread up as I'll be adding to it over the coming months, mainly carbon bits and maybe wheels, suspension, mapping etc.

Was very close to buying a brand new 2018 but didn't, mainly because I saved so much buying this, and partly due to the Euro 4 exhaust on the 2017 onwards bike which is ugly and a pain to change as you need a full system and then the belly pan to get rid of the gap. I did prefer the colour scheme on the 2017+ though!

Anyways, found this 2016 model with 1097miles on it, serviced at 601miles by BMW and derestricted and then serviced by them again at 1097miles which is a bonus.

The guy that bought it ticked all the HP boxes so have the HP levers, lever guards, casing sliders and rearsets and have all the eye watering receipts along with the standard parts. Also has an Arrow can which I may change for an SC Project depending on how the Arrow sounds.

It's a Sport model and comes with all the packs so Rider Pro, DTC, Abs Pro, DDC suspension, bidirectional quickshifter with auto blip, heated grips, cruise control etc. Basically the bike can do a lot more than I'm capable of!

Will be taking it round the track at some point just to see what it can really do, hopefully doesn't end the same way as my GSXR did at Debtors at Kirkistown lol. Also plan on racking the miles up this year with road trips to Scotland, Wales, and Europe possibly.

20180125_093728.jpg

20180128_144043.jpg

IMG_20180128_144519.jpg

20180125_093906.jpg

20180128_144140.jpg

20180128_144207.jpg

20180128_144125.jpg

20180128_144150.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Oh shït son........

I’m not a biker, but those bmw’s Would be my weapon of choice. I think they look gorgeous, sound class, and just ooze presence

Health to ride

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Oh shït son........

I’m not a biker, but those bmw’s Would be my weapon of choice. I think they look gorgeous, sound class, and just ooze presence

Health to ride

Cheers Ross! Has always been high on my list of must own one day, but was very nearly beaten by the GSXR1000R.
It seems like a good all round package though, track it one day and then ride to Europe the next, so hoping it gives me many happy miles.

Sound wise it pops and bangs the very best, but I always loved the noise of the Aprilia RSV4 more. Couldn’t buy one though as 2 mates have them already :joy:

They sound unreal!

genman

G
love it or hate it having abs does come in handy at a times.
my pace around kirky is nothing special but one or 2 out braking moments happened and that was enough for me on a non abs bike.. a more talented rider could manage without abs

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
love it or hate it having abs does come in handy at a times.
my pace around kirky is nothing special but one or 2 out braking moments happened and that was enough for me on a non abs bike.. a more talented rider could manage without abs

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do and how it feels. I'll be getting a track bike an all to carry on with the track days and hopefully the odd race, so it will have no electronic aids and hopefully help me to continue developing skills on the track.

I've only had one out braking incident so far, which was unfortunately at 120mph going into Debtors lol. Didn't end well for me or the bike!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Sounds very complicated for an `old school` guy like me. My neighbour has abs on his BMW adventure bike and said it has saved him many times while touring abroad.
Ride it like you stole it,..................

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
going through Debtors at kirky its nice to feather the back brake just to settle the suspension. if doing it with linked brakes surely it would stand you u a bit and unsettle you and as most people would be doing over the ton leading to a big moment.bring back old school brakes.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
going through Debtors at kirky its nice to feather the back brake just to settle the suspension. if doing it with linked brakes surely it would stand you u a bit and unsettle you and as most people would be doing over the ton leading to a big moment.bring back old school brakes.

There are 5 different modes on this and slick mode specifically for use on track which I think in turn disables the linked brakes. I also think it can be disabled in the other modes if I don’t get on with it. Too many settings to play with and get to grips with lol

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Updating this after a couple of months away from RMS.
Still loving it, have done 1200 miles since I got it now and it still amazes me.
Basically all I've done is clean it, add some carbon and ride it.
More carbon en route at present as well as some titanium nuts and stuff. Still need to get it round a track!

20180322_100940.jpg
20180426_151550.jpg
20180427_163618.jpg
20180430_131858.jpg
20180430_155715.jpg
20180510_191032.jpg
20180518_160148.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
Was wondering where you had went. I’m not a bike man but that looks unreal. (y)

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Think i parked beside you somewhere, but can't remember where. I remember admuring the bike! Its the tanks protector sticks in my head, unless its a fairly common one?

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I personally hate the things, but I admire there looks and that it just lovely! The colour scheme is fantastic and health to ride @gav525.

(y)

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Think i parked beside you somewhere, but can't remember where. I remember admuring the bike! Its the tanks protector sticks in my head, unless its a fairly common one?

It's possible somebody has the same tank protector, it comes as part of that sticker pack.
Was all over the country last month though mate so could have possibly been me. Usually down the Ards peninsula or Newcastle and Carlingford, plus was up the coast road 4 times stopping in Glenarm, Carnlough and then Portstewart normally.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Cant think where i've been but wasnt any of those places, unless it was last Thursday at the NW200? Where you getting your carbon from? 44T's 44Rewards scheme do a discount on carbon fibre, can't remember the name of the company but the had lots of S1000RR goodies

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Cant think where i've been but wasnt any of those places, unless it was last Thursday at the NW200? Where you getting your carbon from? 44T's 44Rewards scheme do a discount on carbon fibre, can't remember the name of the company but the had lots of S1000RR goodies

Last Thursday the bike was parked on the pavement at the grandstand on start finish, then moved back to hilltop caravan park?

It’s all Ilmberger stuff I’ve been buying so far as seems to be the best quality and came well recommended. I’ll have a look at the 44t stuff here now, though ideally wanted to stick with the one brand

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I wasn't up that way, i dont think their's is ilmberger. They do bahnstormer discount and others too, might be worth a nosey