Saxo VTS facelift

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So most of you already know that I acted like a complete vulture and swiped this from under @Lappintyre nose 😬 For that I apologise lol.

Wanted one of these since I was 15 in the late 90s and my mate got a brand new Mk1 VTR. Was proper jealous, but then even more so when he changed it for a Mk2 VTS!
Never did get round to getting my own one, ended up down the route of Nova Sri, AX GT, XR3i etc and then before long Saxos had near disappeared along with all the other iconic car park heroes of the late 90s/early 00s.

@Ben P bought this one a few years back and one day I'd called in to his and got a sit in it. Nostalgia came flooding back, I thought to myself I'd love one still! Never thought he'd ever sell it, never even asked him and recently when working away had kept an eye on ebay and the other sites in case a good one came up.

Then poor @Lappintyre posts up wanting a fun car, and Ben had replied saying he might sell. I was at work on a desert island with little to no Internet and @G N K sent me a screen shot saying that's class, should buy that. Could hardly type a message to Ben fast enough lol, and quickly got the wife to send the money sent across to secure the car(in between dodging questions of what a near 40 year old man wants with a Saxo 😂)

Finally got a look round it on Friday when I got home and then went online this morning to book an MOT. Screenwash pipes needed a clean out just and replaced the pump while I had it all apart.
Managed to get a test for this evening, should've changed the decat exhaust and plates, but I've no time at all this week so just thought I'd wing it through and get a list of what all it needs.
Sods law it passed with not even an advisory! Nothing but compliments from the tester which was nice, haven't had many cars which have generated that much interest at the test centre!

Plans are to keep it as is really. As much as I'd love to lower it 40mm on a set of Oz Saturn's, it's not the right car to mess with. Will just keep it clean and replace and restore bits as it needs it.

Will enjoy blasting over the Dromara hills and Mournes in it for sure!

20220211_142954.jpg

20220211_142401.jpg

20220211_142421.jpg

20220211_142541.jpg
20220211_142048.jpg
IMG-20220211-WA0079.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Awesome!!

If a set of Saturn Plus’ appeared it really would be rude not to though.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
She’s no nova like 😉 but awesome all the same Gav, we’ll have to hit McDonald’s car park some night and get the trays out… if you know you know 😂😂

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Awesome if you ever need parts or advice ive a few bits still around.

I also messaged Ben as well, one saxo vts isnt enough.. I wanted another for nipping around in lol

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Club Land CD in hand and away off to MOT I bet the memories came flooding back.

Health to enjoy Gav its a cracking wee motor.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
All I need but fancying one has moved to I want one 🤦‍♂️ :joy: , looks really clean and it passing the mot must be so nice, the one down side of getting something new is that new list of issues to fix before cracking on.

Lee

RMS Regular
Such a clinker. It really suits its colour too. And the wee plate finishes it off 👌

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Cheers all for the comments, nice to see there's still some appreciation for the Saxos

Looks superb. Is there something up with the bottom of the drivers door? Might just be the pics.

It's like a wee crinkle, blemish. Somebody probably sneezed on the paper thin doors

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
There was a set of 16" Saturns for sale on Facebook marketplace the other day, typically I can't find them now.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Yeah maybe a subtle drop will be all it gets looks wise. I do love the Saturn's but would be taking away from the originality too much I feel.

Will get the standard wheels refurbed and stick a set of tyres on them and it'll be grand I'm sure.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I Have a few old 4x108 steel wheels in the shed you can have if you’re going to take those off, if you want to keep it rolling.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Brilliant. That's awesome it sailed through decat and all lol.

Looks superb. Is there something up with the bottom of the drivers door? Might just be the pics.

The VT* body kit that attaches to the doors/arches/rear lower quarters is primarily attached with clips and brackets.
However it has some adhesive on the reverse that over time seemingly starts to fail, causing these little ripples to show themselves as it starts to come loose.

Screenshot_20220215-154038_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220215-154332_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220215-154425_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220215-154550_eBay.jpg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Ps. The plan was to scrub all inner arches, under ecu and battery have any surface corrosion treated with rust killer, stone chipped then was going to paint body colour over the top! Hence the two Citroen paint tins in boot.

The two inner rear arches are in unreal condition, so clean and silver still!

Pps. Hope you enjoyed the brochures and literature that came with the car!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Ps. The plan was to scrub all inner arches, under ecu and battery have any surface corrosion treated with rust killer, stone chipped then was going to paint body colour over the top! Hence the two Citroen paint tins in boot.

The two inner rear arches are in unreal condition, so clean and silver still!

Pps. Hope you enjoyed the brochures and literature that came with the car!

I did wonder what the paint was for lol. Yeah I'll probably get round to all of the above jobs this year at some point. Was surprised how clean it is underneath, jacking points an all!

And yes, read all the brochures the other night there, love stuff like that!