saxo_man's Jaguar XF-S - Reinis B Photos'

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I see you have firmly left your imprint on that seat!

Aye the leather seems to be quite soft/stretchy. There is a quite a bit of heat goes into the seats ob the highest setting, it must allow the leather to stretch a bit. It kinda bugs me but at the end of the day I shouldn't be seeing that bit when I'm driving

CS

RMS Regular
Did you drive the facelift 8 speed model at all before buying the one you have?
I have read the new 8 speed is a vast difference over the 6 speed, but wondered how the 2 compare
I have only driven the new 8 speed one, 2012 white 3.0d S one in charles hurst they have for sale currently.
Though would prefer spending £20-23k on one rather than £31k for the 2012, to be honest i do prefer the looks of the facelift
Comming at you then look really mean

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I've not driven the 8 speed box but I read that the 6 speed is perfectly setup for the engine. From reading the jag forums, people are happy with both.

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Aye the leather seems to be quite soft/stretchy. There is a quite a bit of heat goes into the seats ob the highest setting, it must allow the leather to stretch a bit. It kinda bugs me but at the end of the day I shouldn't be seeing that bit when I'm driving

Use a spray bottle and soak the leater for a couple of hours. (a slight salinity to the water helps)

Dry it with a hair dryer,and it will contract.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Use a spray bottle and soak the leater for a couple of hours. (a slight salinity to the water helps)

Dry it with a hair dryer,and it will contract.

Any risk of harm? Obviously not allowing heat to sit too long in one spot for too long?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Good God that's nice! ultimate cruising machine

Cheers Dan. Yeah I'm enjoying driving again, and with the added bonus of having a young child I can park in parent and baby spaces to save my doors.

Reactions: Dan

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Bar scourching it..., it is a 'natural property' of leather... Wet leather, heated, contracts.

It is how it was originally shaped. (steam)

Typical the wife's hair dryer is broken and all I could find was a tiny wee travel one. It didn't generate much heat but you can see it has helped. Thanks for the tip.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361110913.285581.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361110931.817073.jpg

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Typical the wife's hair dryer is broken and all I could find was a tiny wee travel one. It didn't generate much heat but you can see it has helped. Thanks for the tip.

No bother, looks a job well done!!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Got a few nice wee free gifts from a Jag dealer over the water this morning:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361185420.323208.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
saxo_man
Did you just rub the seat with a wet cloth and then put the hairdryer to it?

Hi Tomah. I used a hand towel soaked in boiling water. Rung it out - hot on the hands! Folded and set on the seat for five minutes. Then dried with hair dryer.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Thanks Mel, just need some decent weather now to get her cleaned up and go for a long run.

Yeah got mine cleaned on Saturday there and took me 3 hours, ashamed to say it hadnt seen a coat of wax since Christmas Eve!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.