Scrap metal price?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Anyone know what Clearways in Portadown are giving per tonne at the moment? I've got a couple of old cars and bits and pieces to get rid of...

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
it was something like £7 car last time i heard tho i dunno wot it is now i heard the price has went up

andy m3

it was £45 a tonne for scrap cars, an £90 a tonne 4 engines about 2 months ago not sure wot it is now

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I'll come and lift it for you pacman if you're looking rid of scrap ;-)

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Only a car transporter trailer so I could only take one car at a time... but no, no charge (so long as it's reasonably local).

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
i might have an old golf for u to lift soon mate as i canny not find n e one else to lift it for me. im in portadown and its reasonably local to good old clear ways

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
No problem... I'm not available to lift it anytime though, only when I get a chance - I'll be doing runs (hopefully) this week because my parents are giving off about the amount of scrap I've gathered up at their house.

Let me know when it's ready and I'll pick it up.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
If you can make it rolling/divise some plan (usually I'd roll it on with the wheels on and then take the wheels off when its on the trailer) to get it on the trailer then I'll pick it up. Getting it off again is no bother with them big hook jobbies at Clearways...

Pac-Man

Banned
I could put a rear beam on it, but as for the front, i'm pulling the struts/springs off it and couldnt be arsed replacing them just to have the shell rolling.

So i don't think theres much chance of getting it on your trailer unless i leave the front struts?

Porter

RMS Regular
weld a bit of scaffolding pole to the front somewhere and slide 2 wheels on and just roll it on, lol

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Not unless you're strong! Is there an engine in the car? If there's no engine and it still has the rear axle it could be possible...

I used to have an electric winch on the trailer for that purpose but I burnt it out pulling a Sierra Sapphire shell onto the trailer. Shame.

Pac-Man

Banned
Yeah the engine is still there and to be honest i wouldn't mind keeping it but my parents would freak out unless i found a secret hiding spot for it?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
ur bedroom lad no 1 will know i got all my bumpers n all in mine no one knows there there :lol:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
lol bitches :laughing: do u not have n e good ol pals that would kindly let u store the engine at there pad

Pac-Man

Banned
I could probably find a spot for it in the wee doggys kennel as to be fair she's getting on a bit now and will probably pop her clogs soon enough, leaving it vacant.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
:lol: sounds good tho would ur parents not get an othere wee dog to for fill the shoes of the old one if she pops her clogs

Pac-Man

Banned
I'm not too worried about the pooch right now Tuffers, i just need this motor shifted.

@ Bryan, if i left the front struts in with no springs it might shift ok but its on a gravel driveway so might be a mission and a half.

Do you reckon the council would come with some sort of crane jobbie to lift her on the back of their wagon?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.