scratches

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

shaughey

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 530D
just bought a 306 and there is a few scratches along the drivers side whats the best way to go about sorting it.

should i use the touch up paint u get from halfords or

do i need to get the whole side of the car painted or

can only the scratches be painted????

Any info lads???

Ruth

RMS Regular
how deep are the scratches, are we talking about the kind that your nail will dig into?

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
yea i think u would feel them but have a few tiny ones aswell need done

Ruth

RMS Regular
get a pic if possible, majority could probably be removed or reduced if they are not too deep

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
If you can feel them when you run your nail across them, there is a good chance that you will not be able to totally remove them as they are into the paint, you might only be able to take the bad look of them. As Ruth says, get some pictures up of them and we will have a look

soupyrachel

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini Cooper S
heres two that are on my car. better just to get the tailgate resprayed? dunno what to do with the other one tho :/

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1713.jpg

Ruth

RMS Regular
that looks like it needs spraying alright. You could do a touch in etc but it looks very deep :worried:

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
No they wont come out by buffing it as they are right into the paint. The only thing you could do and I wouldnt recommend it to an inexperienced person is to touch it in, the wet sand it flat and buff it. This will make it look better, not perfect but better

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
heres the scrapes

what ya think

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 96

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
na not paint duno what the ****er hit in it so id have to get the whole side of the car painted would i because its met paint and its harder to match or what???

Ruth

RMS Regular
hmm yep, arch looks a dark shade of green compared to the rest - is that just on my monitor lol

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
no i dont think the cars been painted before its just the way the pic came out any one got any ideas of a prices for it ????

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Yeah there no way there coming out with a bit of buffing lol. It may also need a light skim of filler as it looks like there is a few dents round it i.e on the arch and the marks may be that deep that they have kinked the panel

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
any good buffers about

ok now i know how to get the scratches sorted do u know anyone that could buff out my latest problem??? lol

Attachments

• Photo-0223.jpg
    Photo-0223.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 114
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.