Screw in tyre - repairable?

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Quick one guys, noticed a screw in one of my rear tyres tonight (only 2k miles on it). Is it in a repairable location? Quite near the outside.

Tyre shops unlikely to open until after New Year's day so just gauging opinion

20231231_195201.jpg

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Had one very similar and got it plugged but the tyre started to delam around the plug and shoulder of the tyre.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Quick one guys, noticed a screw in one of my rear tyres tonight (only 2k miles on it). Is it in a repairable location? Quite near the outside.

Tyre shops unlikely to open until after New Year's day so just gauging opinion

View attachment 420994
Would probably depend how it looks inside. Could be very short and just about through or it could be long and damaged the sidewall.

Technically shouldn’t be repaired if going by the book. For my personal use, I would repair it if the screw hasn’t done damage inside.

ka88

RMS Regular
OP
ka88
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Thanks so much for the opinions guys, brilliant.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
If its closer than an inch to side, replace it.

There's a fair whack of loading goes into your tyres on the sidewall and crown, and that's before you start cornering.

ka88

RMS Regular
OP
ka88
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
got this sorted this morning thanks to Jim McMinn tyres in Lisburn who were able to plug it from the inside (y)

Thanks so much to all the excellent info and opinions, and especially to @Chris0 and @FM155 who were both extremely kind to offer to repair it if I was stuck. Amazing community we have here :grinning: