Sepang Blue TTRS

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
So after almost a year with the lotus it was time to let it go as the 2 seats (both my sons are petrol heads) and overall size and nature of the car was proving a little impractical. Also the fact that it was a bit too much money for me to have tied up in something that only does a couple thousand miles a year.

After it went back to England I roughly halfed the budget and set about looking for a replacement. Originally I was after a something like a nice edition 30 or a Mk6 Golf R, I looked at a couple of cars but they weren’t what I expected and I couldn’t really be arsed going to England this time unless it was something really worth it.

I spotted this car locally and went for a look just out of curiosity as it was a bit above budget but when I seen and drove it I new I would have to stretch the money out a bit and go for it. The dealer was great to deal with, there was no movement on price which was already fair tbh, but I pushed them to do the (expensive) brakes for me and they did, new front discs and pads, rear pads and a service, 1 years warranty on top as well.

Anyway onto the car. I got a chance to give it its first wash today and get a few pics as the sun came out. It seems well enough spec’d. 19’s, mag ride, sepang blue paint, manual, Bose, heated/folding mirrors heated seats, phone prep etc

I’m really happy with it, very original and has been well looked after, FSH, nice low miles for its age. The engine is just 🤤 and pulls from basically any revs in any gear. Very well put together car too with that Audi build quality, I’m surprised there aren’t more about as I think they are a bit of a performance bargain atm and destined to be desirable in the future with that engine and a manual 6 speed, they tick a lot of boxes and have 4 seats(kind of).

IMG_3230.jpeg
IMG_3229.jpeg
IMG_3224.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg
IMG_3225.jpeg
IMG_3228.jpeg
IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3233.jpeg
IMG_3235.jpeg
IMG_3234.jpeg
IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg
IMG_3231.jpeg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
So after almost a year with the lotus it was time to let it go as the 2 seats (both my sons are petrol heads) and overall size and nature of the car was proving a little impractical. Also the fact that it was a bit too much money for me to have tied up in something that only does a couple thousand miles a year.

After it went back to England I roughly halfed the budget and set about looking for a replacement. Originally I was after a something like a nice edition 30 or a Mk6 Golf R, I looked at a couple of cars but they weren’t what I expected and I couldn’t really be arsed going to England this time unless it was something really worth it.

I spotted this car locally and went for a look just out of curiosity as it was a bit above budget but when I seen and drove it I new I would have to stretch the money out a bit and go for it. The dealer was great to deal with, there was no movement on price which was already fair tbh, but I pushed them to do the (expensive) brakes for me and they did, new front discs and pads, rear pads and a service, 1 years warranty on top as well.

Anyway onto the car. I got a chance to give it its first was today and get a few pics as the sun came out. It seems well enough spec’d. 19’, mag ride, sepang blue paint, manual, Bose, heated/folding mirrors heated seats, phone prep etc

I’m really happy with it, very original and has been well looked after FSH, nice low miles for its age. The engine is just 🤤 and pulls from basically any revs in any gear. Very well put together car too with that Audi build quality, I’m surprised there aren’t more about as I think they are a bit of a performance bargain atm and destined to be desirable in the future with that engine and a manual 6 speed, they tick a lot of boxes and have 4 seats(kind of).

View attachment 428189View attachment 428190View attachment 428191View attachment 428192View attachment 428193View attachment 428194View attachment 428195View attachment 428196View attachment 428197View attachment 428198View attachment 428199View attachment 428200View attachment 428202View attachment 428203
Love that colour!!! Health to drive indeed!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The colour makes, it, looking forward to giving it a light going over with the DA. I think it’s already been detailed before as there’s not a whole pile of swirls on it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It’s very straight and looks to have had an easy life, drives well too. I’ve a few we things I want to tidy up on it, wheel refurb and get the silver splitter repainted due to stone chips but there aren’t too many bits needing attention. I’m not going to mess with it as they are very good out of the box.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I see there’s a revo sale on @Bronk…also have these already ordered. I’m keeping the OEM exhaust but just want a little more noise and these are supposed to do that without being over the top.

IMG_3246.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That’s absolutely lovely. It will sound lovely with them decats you will find it hard lifting off the loud pedal.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Awesome Barry, looking forward to seeing it on the road - if it interests you, RNSE is the Audi nav system which is a simple swap in and out with the OEM unit you have there for a few hundred quid - moderns up the dash a bit more

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Th RNSe is gak. Safer with a touchscreen unit for modernising the interior. This was a few years ago, screens are bigger now.

1710586272244.jpeg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Gorgeous Barry, hope to see/hear if at some stage this year!

Many plans for it?

Not much at all Barry, I want to tidy a few bits like the wheels and give it a good scrub under the arches as normal, surprisingly there’s very little rust on the underside, I looked at a golf the same age and it looked like it had been sitting in the sea.

I might look at upgrading the radio at some stage but to be honest I haven’t used it, there’s no need for it with that donkey under the bonnet 😉

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks great that, looking forward to seeing it and hearing it in the flesh! Colour looks great!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Nice one! Can't believe you bought that lotus a year ago!

5 pot is a great engine with a soundtrack to match

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
This is the most female comment but my eyes lit up at the boot space, it looks alot roomier than I imagined which has me now thinking one of these would nearly do me for all the times I ever have a passenger in the rear, lovely, enjoy

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The boot was a surprise @Mel and I’m glad it has it as well, the lotus had literally no boot lol but with this I can fit the kids in and any kit they might have if we were going to a show or something. The convertible isn’t just as big in the boot and has no rear seats either so it’s not as practical.

Reactions: Mel

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
This is the most female comment but my eyes lit up at the boot space, it looks alot roomier than I imagined which has me now thinking one of these would nearly do me for all the times I ever have a passenger in the rear, lovely, enjoy

Roadster would be the job for you then!

Reactions: Mel