Short plates

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
So I'm looking to get these for the front and back of the car, as you can see the plates are purposely cut down to get rid of the gaps at either side.

The plates I'm looking at do come with the plate maker's company name and post code printed on them, and of course the BS stamp in the corner. The letters/numbers are also legal font and size.

Will Mr Plod stop me for these and would they pass an mot?

4DD13EE5-0F9E-4B97-9C51-F6956B0A30BB_zpsfcrx5wt9.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
They can't provided the dimensions are legal. Absolutely nothing wrong with them at all, will even pass mot provided the border exists which I think is 15mm

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Ebay probably bud, don't know of anyone who does them here

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Ive always just cut my own standard plates.
Cut them, then use one of the offcuts to mark the correct size for the round edges. Then file/sand the corners. Quick and free.

(Although it will retain the postcode at bottom you will obviously lose the kitemark or whatever on the bottom right if you diy)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.