Sierra Sapphire 2.9 24v V6 Cosworths

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

Yeah he did say he was going to sell it on. I swapped the Sierra for his '07 SWB Shogun Diamond edition. Sound fella.

200857531.1024.jpg

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Very smart!

Collecting jeeps now instead of old Fords?!

Lol! The RR Sport is a bit unnecessary for just the two of us so I had been keeping my eye out for a tidy 2007> SWB Shogun. Bit of a funny story Ian, I seen one on FB marketplace up for the same money as my blue Sierra 24v.. Now I never, and I mean never approach people offering swaps but when I clicked on the seller's profile I noticed he had a Vauxhall Carlton GSi as his cover photo. And he was from Armagh.
So, my first ever attempted swap was successful & I loaded up the trailer with the blue Sierra & commenced the 2hr tow to Keady.

But to answer your question the RR Sport will be up for sale once it gets back from a service. We really do love it but its just too much for the two of us.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
A hassle free sale and purchase in 1, brilliant.

Something else due to replace the RR then?

Couldn't have asked for better.

No plans to replace it, the Shogun will suffice. I still have my Mk6 SWB Transit that I use daily & the Porsche 944 2.7 is also getting used regularly plus theres the white Sapphire Cosworth in storage so its about time we downsized the 'fleet'. (Hate that expression).

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Yeah he did say he was going to sell it on. I swapped the Sierra for his '07 SWB Shogun Diamond edition. Sound fella.

View attachment 173012

Nice swap, good looking shogun!

Just a note on the shoguns, the previous shape 3.2 DID had plastic timing chain guides that became brittle through time and would snap and fall off into the chain and wreck the engine. I'd assume that shape is the same so it's a quick and inexpensive piece of preventative maintenance that's well worth doing.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
On one hand, can't believe you sold it... On the other, you have a cossie. Lol. The Jeep looks great, should prove better than the RR i reckon!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Was perfectly understated as it was tbh, it had it's own identity, better than being a wannabe cossie. Doesn't even look like a Ford colour now either? 🤷‍♂️

Paul.

RMS Regular
The Cosworth kit and the colour together don’t work for me. Any Sierra head instantly knows it’s not a Cosworth colour, but more than that I just don’t feel it meshes with the kit! I’ll be keeping mine standard, ta.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Jeeesus that is perfection right there 😍
Its no Cossie ;)

Mine looks alright if you squint from a distance :joy:

Needs same as what your getting done to the Sierra now. It will be a some job when your done, cant wait to see it finished.