Sold as Seen Episode 2 with Chris Suitor

•   
See the blog feature on this - Chris Suitor joins the Sold as Seen Podcast as our guest on our latest show. Find many of the references from the show below as we spend over 90 minutes gassing with this born petrolhead, businessman and long time friend of RMS. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Chris Suitor joins the Sold as Seen Podcast as our guest on our latest show. Find many of the references from the show below as we spend over 90 minutes gassing with this born petrolhead, businessman and long time friend of RMS.

You can find Chris on Instagram Here: chrissuitorggg

The SQD Smart

The SQ Designs built 350z

Thanks to Graham Baalham-Curry Photography

The Black M3

From Zero to 138bpm... From Tailor to DJ Chris Suitor

The Megabusa

The Tartan Smart and the Man Himself

The Phoenix Films JDM Car Meet Vid

Last edited:

Bob CRX

RMS Regular
Drives
s20000
Are you all recording your own audio and mixing it down separately? Might be a way for you to get the levels bang on after the fact (assuming it’s all done online.
Content wise, it enjoyed the lighthearted remenissing, the banter and a bit of slagging. As with everything It’ll get better with age and experience. Looking forward to the next one.

I just want to know when the ‘guess the next guest’ competition starts.
I noticed somewhere through it you mentioned about shows and meets and something like ‘we don’t do those’
Any reason why generally the site doesn’t try hosting much or just happy to attend the many other coffee meets? Sounds like the coffee truck is sorted if so lol.
Maybe because during a normal summer there isn’t a weekend without portglenone car scene or the likes running an event.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just listened to the 1st episode and a bit of the 2nd on my way to work (will finish on way home)

Good light hearted craic between mates was what I got overall from it, so I will definitely be tuning in to to further episodes.

Can't actually believe I'm typing this.... but the cursing for me kind of did let it down! And that's rich coming from me.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
We did tone the f bombs down a bit but not intentionally, it's just becoming more natural conversation.

Managed to sneak one in the first 2 minutes though 🤣

Have to say I enjoyed it even got a wee mention from @Rocko regarding loaning the M3 😂 Give me a shout some weekend and the keys are yours!

That would be awesome!

We were talking about trying to make it a thing, maybe start in a E30 (if we can find one that's willing to take me out a run) and end in the G80. From none to all.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
We did tone the f bombs down a bit but not intentionally, it's just becoming more natural conversation.

That would be awesome!

We were talking about trying to make it a thing, maybe start in a E30 (if we can find one that's willing to take me out a run) and end in the G80. From none to all.

KGM have a few e30 and might like the publicity

2FF11D65-F2DA-4671-B3C2-C7328291B355.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

That would be awesome!

My £22.50 E46 is available too

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Listened to this on the way to and from work and it's great craic. Your man Suitor can talk though :laughing:

Great to hear a few old stories and definitely feels a little more relaxed and free flowing this time.

Interested to see who the next guest is though :grinning:

Also, definitely do something for 20years of RMS @Cooper

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Finally got listening to it all. Really enjoyed this one and the memories. Hard to believe it's 20 years of RMS too, some stories over the years. Suitor hadn't changed a bit too, good to see his midlife crisis has took hold too. With the 500s, Cooper's Yaris and who knows what else pops up this year It'll be like RMS, The Relaunch 2021.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sat and enjoyed this whilst waiting to collect the daughter from school

Suitor ain’t changed a bit lol, though I did laugh when he said about one day covered in fibreglass the next day in a suit

sqd painted my Mx5 wheels and I was chatting away to suitor, the next time I seen him he was mr suit Tailor lol

@Cooper yes think everyone is in a place now after the last year where more meets/coffee runs and social stuff would have a appeal. I’ll throw my hat into the ring and say I’d contribute to organising anything as I did with the old Autolifers cinema nights etc.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Just read @Blackie comment and remembered I was at 10 years of RMS at j1 completely forgot about that 😂.

Loved the episode. Used to live in Bangor and was down every Sunday. Me and a mate thought it would be hilarious to pull into the car park in 2003 and blast bohemian rhapsody full blast. I honestly thought we were going to get lynched with the looks we got 🤣 probably didn’t help it was a crap tape copy in a crap tape player in my crap polo 😂 turned it down and had to just sit there. You know how slow it was getting through the car park.
And racing on the ards carriage way in my 1.1 Saxo or 1.3 Hyundai Accent with ripspeed alloys and a wing 🙈

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Enjoyed that thanks very much guys.

Funny I was never into the cruise scene, despite owning a 205xs with every mod carnoisseur could sell me from neon, bucket seats, sub boxes etc etc.

Was at bangor cruise once. My mate and I had the great idea of starting a car magazine. We were about 19 and going to call it Note. Got the fleeces printed n all. Decided the best way to launch it was a track day, went up to nutts corner and booked a "private hire" for a saturday morning for 3 hours. Then decided the best way to market it was go to bangor cruise on the sunday night to market it with flyers.

Started out badly, everyone thought we were handing out religious tracts and put the windows up. But the word got out and on the saturday morning 30 plus cars turned up to our "private hire" event which when you actually read the fine print was limited to 2 cars. We barely had insurance. We had no marshals. We had no plan whatsoever how the day would be organised. Did it matter? Did it ****. Go on ahead lads give it plenty.

The next 3 hours could only be described as organised chaos. I think at one point I even saw a 5gtt going the wrong way.

Anyways everyone survived until the track owners chucked us out with a stern warning never to try something like that again. Of course the magazine came to nothing but the craic and the memories of the one Note event will live forever.

avo5021

RMS Regular
@Cooper are you just aiming for guests from NI or are you spreading your wings far and wide ?

Thinking of the likes of Glenda from FastCar magazine times or BTCC Driver Chris Smiley or Buff Luney, even Buttsy (some stories there lol)

obviously the likes of those guys would need to be interviewed/recorded remotely so that provides some difficulty but they’re all ‘characters’

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
@Cooper are you just aiming for guests from NI or are you spreading your wings far and wide ?

Thinking of the likes of Glenda from FastCar magazine times or BTCC Driver Chris Smiley or Buff Luney, even Buttsy (some stories there lol)

obviously the likes of those guys would need to be interviewed/recorded remotely so that provides some difficulty but they’re all ‘characters’
Yes up for blagging anyone we can and far and wide for sure. Great suggestions!