Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I was away for a long weekend just past so car was dropped off to TG Performance in Bangor for its oil service and fuel filter change - this will be the second filter change since June when I got the dirty fuel from Comber Solo - reported back that the filter was STINKING which is a good thing that its doing its job and would possibly explain the issues I was having in the higher map at the track day. Anyway, full bill of health and will review the filter again in another 6 months.

While it was there, I asked Scotty at Finer Details to have a look at some minor swirls and marring that I have noticed lately - the car was ceramic coated 6+ years ago by PMG in Gtechniq Cyrstal Serum Black (at the time) and its now starting to show some deterioration. The coating has been fantastic over this time and has really protected the paint work - remember that I drive this 50+ miles daily the last 4 years and gets washed every week, sometimes more depending on the weather so just a testament to the product and prep.

So Finer Details performed a light Stage 1 polish over the top of the coating, sprinkle of Gtechniq C2 and has it back to as good as new :cool: - he is estimating maybe another year, maybe 2 or so before looking at a heavy cut machine polish to remove the coating and reapplying.

Was a shame to drive it home last night :joy:

Home | Finerdetailsni

1700477902490.png

1700477925692.png

Beads this morning :cool:

1700478343611.png

joel44w

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap scrap
Powerhosing the heavy mud off the A45 at Tesco's 🤣

Really need to get it into the garage to give it a proper detail as I haven't done so yet since buying it! but the Weather we have at the minute is putting me off!
IMG_20231118_184110_595.jpg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
From last year on this time of the year I just tfr then powerhose off once or twice a month. I’ll do a proper wash when it’s due mot in march. Did that last year and I definitely had less swirls come spring time. Still did a few normal washes last year when it was annoying me this year I’m going to try and go the full winter.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I'd a funeral yesterday so forced myself to wash the car and her motor was behind it in the drive (a rare occasion) so I was able to wash it too. Spent the guts of 2½ hours just washing them and a quick spray of ultra gloss over them as I knew there was no point drying them. 3 hours and less than 40 miles later on mine and about 10 miles on hers and they were both stinking. Bloody depressing

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
View attachment 418757View attachment 418758

Exhausts need a proper clean but really need the tips off to do them but they won’t budge..
If they don’t come up shiny again I’ll just replace them!

on the FL they are welded so you won't get them off - best thing to do is drop the exhaust which is just two bolts on the hangers or just get small hands in there :joy: the ends of the tips will be pitted more than likely, common problem with them.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
First car I've cleaned at the new house was the dirtiest one, the wee Swifo was boggin'.

Even blasted the garage while I was at it! Very satisfying getting all the moss off the window frames😂

20240101_132647.jpg

20240101_142613.jpg

20240101_132929.jpg