Sonax Xtreme Ceramic Range

rryans11

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra 290
Evening chaps,

Has anyone any experience with either of these products from Sonax? Looking at trying some other products but thought l’d check before pulling the trigger in case their useless.

Cheers

82686C0D-FE6A-4439-A492-FE64B6610545.png

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Haven't tried any of those specifically, but think their Brilliant Shine Detailer is class. But then it's only a fiver a bottle. At £20 those "ceramic" ones would need to be some job !

rryans11

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
Cupra 290
Haven't tried any of those specifically, but think their Brilliant Shine Detailer is class. But then it's only a fiver a bottle. At £20 those "ceramic" ones would need to be some job !

That’s what l was thinking, l’ve ran out of bsd and wanted to try something else. I have hybrid and a couple of other brands but like to try different things from time to time.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I stopped using Sonax BSD a long time ago, looked great, but I hated that grabby feeling it left.
I use this stuff on my wife car, leaves a real nice glossy finish, and very slick surface.

rryans11

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
Cupra 290
I stopped using Sonax BSD a long time ago, looked great, but I hated that grabby feeling it left.
I use this stuff on my wife car, leaves a real nice glossy finish, and very slick surface.
That was my only gripe with BSD, must take a look at that - can't fault the price. Turtle wax is always one of those brands I keep forgetting about.
How long did you find the finish lasted?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Not knocking the sonax range but I’ve tried it and stuff from the likes of autofinesse etc. I find hybrid from @Big Pimp really hard to beat, quick spritz and away you go. Bottle lasts ages aswell.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@rryans11 what sort of longevity are you looking? There's lots of 'ceramic' products out there. The term ceramic is thrown about flippantly in the detailing world, but what I think you are looking for is an SiO2 spray sealant, of which there are an abundance to choose from.

These sprays will claim 6+ months durability but in the reply world, you get about 3-6 months from the better lasting ones. YouTube is a great resource as a lot of the YouTube detailing folk are doing longevity tests and reviews to help you make up your mind.

Most notable products would be GTechniq C2V3, Carpro Reload or Gyeon Wet Coat. You can also find some great 'off brand' spray products too eg Garage Therapy Ceramic Sealant, Infinity Was QDX Graphene or CarChem Lockdown.

For best and longest protection a full decontamination wash and panel wipe to have a clean slate to apply the product. No point in layering new product onto an older, dying protection.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
That was my only gripe with BSD, must take a look at that - can't fault the price. Turtle wax is always one of those brands I keep forgetting about.
How long did you find the finish lasted?
I just use it every time I wash her car, sometimes that's not for two weeks, but you can still see the glossy finish.
Water still wants to bead and run off the car.
I use it on the glass to.

Turtlewax on eBay usually have deals on a boxes of 6, just checked I bought a box in May 2021, cost was £29 and free shipping.

rryans11

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
Cupra 290
Not knocking the sonax range but I’ve tried it and stuff from the likes of autofinesse etc. I find hybrid from @Big Pimp really hard to beat, quick spritz and away you go. Bottle lasts ages aswell.
Yep, l really rate hybrid and l’m still on my first bottle and it’s been used a fair bit. I just like to buy and try new things from time to time to see how all the different brands stack against each other.

rryans11

RMS Regular
OP
R
Drives
Cupra 290
@rryans11 what sort of longevity are you looking? There's lots of 'ceramic' products out there. The term ceramic is thrown about flippantly in the detailing world, but what I think you are looking for is an SiO2 spray sealant, of which there are an abundance to choose from.

These sprays will claim 6+ months durability but in the reply world, you get about 3-6 months from the better lasting ones. YouTube is a great resource as a lot of the YouTube detailing folk are doing longevity tests and reviews to help you make up your mind.

Most notable products would be GTechniq C2V3, Carpro Reload or Gyeon Wet Coat. You can also find some great 'off brand' spray products too eg Garage Therapy Ceramic Sealant, Infinity Was QDX Graphene or CarChem Lockdown.

For best and longest protection a full decontamination wash and panel wipe to have a clean slate to apply the product. No point in layering new product onto an older, dying protection.
I’m with you about the “ceramic” term getting labelled on everything. The amount of posts you see on detailing forums or facebook and someone says they’ve ceramic coated their car when really they haven’t.
Regarding durability, nothing too long term as l have gyeon wetcoat, garage therapy 3cs and a few others knocking around for that.

I mainly used bsd as a drying aid on my own car or friends and family’s cars and thought l’d see what else is available that would fit the bill in the same way, with maybe a slicker finish.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Have tried most "Detailers" on the market and this is the best I have used so far.

It's worth a try if you haven't already.

chris9696

RMS Regular
Drives
Guilia QV
Bilt Hamber Auto QD has really impressed me and I've tried most at this point, you need to pay attention to make sure it doesn't leave any streaks but I found for a week after had far less dust on it, stayed clean for longer and the gloss was beyond any other QD I've had when paired with their wax