Speed camera van query

Fifib87

Hi, can the speed camera white cans catch you in both directions, or just the direction the rear camera is facing in ?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Hi, can the speed camera white cans catch you in both directions, or just the direction the rear camera is facing in ?

I'd be very surprised if it couldn't do both directions. Just depends where they're aiming at the time.

Fifib87

It was onn the tullycarnet road. I was on left lane it was on right lane pointing in in same direction as I was heading

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Wee bit of a heads for folk. I've been informed that during tomorrow the 'Road Safety' camera van crew will be trying to get as many vans out on the road all over the country for as much of the day as they can.

May be something and may not be, but usually comes from a decent source so I'd rather say just in case.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Wee bit of a heads for folk. I've been informed that during tomorrow the 'Road Safety' camera van crew will be trying to get as many vans out on the road all over the country for as much of the day as they can.

May be something and may not be, but usually comes from a decent source so I'd rather say just in case.

Everyone be careful on those nice clear, safe, straight stretches of road

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird

i am on the road constantly thanks for the heads up

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Got that too fam😉
IMG_1527.png

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Cop/Vosa watch NI lol? Wtf is that? Is that from a Facebook group?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
What’s app group I’m in a couple of local ones. Handy for spotting speed cameras and any smashes blocking roads.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Never good if your in court for just speeding. Good luck for tomorrow anyway

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
After rarely seeing a camera van I was hit 4 times in a fortnight recently. Every single time I've sh1te myself when I spotted it and hit the brakes even though I wasn't speeding.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Need to get one Waze myself, have the app but just don't use it - really don't want to have a mount in my car at eye level

I've an Android Auto / Carplay headunit in the car. Works with Waze, Maps, Spotify etc. Handy bits of kit.

I don't think I'd buy a car that it can't be added to tbh. Even ruled out a few alternatives when I bought the Jag a few years ago as there was a module available for it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
To get Apple Carplay on my phone you need to change the whole infotainment system - full strip out job of the centre console, new modules and screen - doable but just not worth the money IMO

I think you can get bolt on units to have ACP but I am not that fussed - however, its me, so you never know :joy:

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I saw 2 on the way to Belfast from Bangor! I very rarely see 1 usually.