SQ Headunit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Looking for a new HU for my new SQ setup :grinning: .

Have a budget limit of £300 which has limited me to the HU's listed below;

Becker Mexico Pro (£200 inc. del)
Nakamichi CD-400 (£400) - over budget :?
Pioneer DEHP80MP (£280)

Don't know about pioneer/alpine, starting to sway away from them as they seem to put more empathise on gadgets and colour screens and less on sq/preouts; i.e. appealing more to "kev's" :p

Any other good makes for SQ?

pablo

RMS Moderator
mate I swear by pioneers !!!!

I have the 9400 (£440) and its defo the best HU Ive owned.

Also dont rule out JVC as the top end ones are excellent SQ.

Richard

I'd go for a Nak personally... You could try getting a second hand CD-45 good SQ units and don't have the same relability problems as the older MB-75/100 or CD-700 units.

I've never heard a Becker but I like the styling and they are supposed to sound good too.

Richard.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Becker Mexico Pro. - Brilliant HU.

It is unlikely to be stolen cause it looks v. understated.

santoz

RMS Regular
OP
santoz
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Not goin for apline now; too bright for my liking!(heard a CDA-9833R on crysal Audio CSc 6435 components and thought that my ex-pioneer sounded better :? ) I like a more softer/natural sound like what the naki/becker offers.

It's between the becker & a PioneerP77MP(which is a lovely looking HU and has great sq thanks to burr brown D/A). beckers cheaper though so....

According to the boys over on talkaudio the becker and naki are near identical in SQ only diff is the price and build quality with naki been slightly better and more expensive.

It'll prob be the becker now :laughing:

pioneer sound clio

i sware u wont find as good value for money SQ HU's by any1 , i hav a 6500r and it has internal high and low crossovers built in for each preout and -6 to +6 bass level control for preout . i have mine set up as over 80hz threw the speakers and below 80 hz threw the sub cost me bout 200

Marc

RMS Moderator
pioneer sound clio said:
i sware u wont find as good value for money SQ HU's by any1 , i hav a 6500r and it has internal high and low crossovers built in for each preout and -6 to +6 bass level control for preout . i have mine set up as over 80hz threw the speakers and below 80 hz threw the sub cost me bout 200

quit it... :roll: he wants a GOOD SQ headunit, seen Jamie Fergusons new becker at the weekend, very impressed.. and it sounded great :grinning:

santoz

RMS Regular
OP
santoz
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
pioneer sound clio said:

Mate last HU was a 6500r and yes I was very pleased with it, but wouldn't touch it again as it got nicked twice :? !!!. Only has two preouts though; I want a pre-out for my Front, Rear & Sub plus I'm looking for pure SQ as i'm going to be running Crystal Audio CSc6435 Comps with RE subs!

santoz

RMS Regular
OP
santoz
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Becker was ordered 2day from germany :laughing:, bloody bank charged me £25 for a bank transfer :x , still saved over £200 :grinning:

santoz

RMS Regular
OP
santoz
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Can't wait till she comes and its all hooked up :grinning: .

Trying to contact spmicra now to get a clifford con 300 installed :? .
Anyone know if he still installs them?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
sweet...aye i got charged by halifax for a bank transfer outside uk...fleecin coonts!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.