ST50 Resto

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
That's great to know. Only have a few bits to do so wouldn't be worth it .
Do they do different finishes?

yep, dear for a few items but it was 100% for me, one basket did the full bike!

yeah they do, I didn’t get into the finishes much as silver zinc was the standard finish they offered but they offer yellow / gold zinc aswell

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
No i sold it before the move over here.
Replaced it with a vespa and cbr600rr 8o|

There is a complete original ST70 forsale locally at the moment, maybe you are after a project tho?

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Swing Arm Repaired, off for paint Tomorrow...

50F6D3A8-D9D4-4EFB-B2B1-920E3332E2CF.jpeg

Candy Red it is :grinning:

4EDE0D0D-495D-44EF-819D-EC1D6B52E433.jpeg

Peter

RMS Regular
Bit late for you but might be of interest to others looking to purchase one. They had this write up in the latest classic motorcycle mechanics magazine for the ST70.

4F37E800-936D-4EAA-8BD5-72B85BE78EC4.jpeg
8C4C79D0-6870-4871-88C4-4C6EAF6FA509.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
@Peter Thanks for adding that article, That blue bike is exactly what mine was like back in the day.. similar condition too...

After reading that, although mine is an early 90's model I'm definitely doing the right thing keeping it standard - albeit a different Factory colour..

Candy Red & Candy Blue are the iconic ST50/70 colours from 60's right through..

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I have been lacking of enthusiasm these cold evenings so very little has been happening on the Bike front..

The V5 arrived in the post after a 3 month fight with DVLA who simply said the bike didn't exist.. Nice to have it registered and on its original Belfast supplied NI Reg!

The Frame etc should be back from the the painter this weekend, cant wait to see it finished in Red with its new Graphics installed!

IMG_7676.jpeg

IMG_7998.jpeg

In the mean time i've been refurbing some bits - Front Forks, Rear shocks and Wheels / hubs etc.

IMG_7997.jpeg

They where in pretty poor condition - refinished them in the OEM Honda Cloud Silver with fresh stainless bolts..

IMG_7942.jpeg

IMG_7996.jpeg

They're not perfect but much tidier :grinning:

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Got the frame back from paint last night and with lock down boredom I got the majority of the bike built today..

IMG_8184.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

All original Honda Dax Graphics :laughing:

IMG_8191.jpeg

Colour is hard to capture but it looks very deep and Rich when outside :grinning:

IMG_8190.jpeg

IMG_8192.jpeg

Because the bike came keyless to me - I was only able to have a massive key cut for it, the original bikes came with a nice dinky key that must sat into the frame.. so I managed to source a new original key holder and cut and shut the key to suit :laughing:

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8195.jpeg

Now with the rest so fresh, I think the head is letting it down and the casings are going to have to be sent to me Aqua Blasted !!

Also hard to believe you can restore a bike at your leisure in a shorter space of time than it takes to wire to a TR7 :worried:

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I haven't had much garage time lately but finally got this completed this evening and had my first ride around the block on it.

Last couple of jobs where very quick, had some new Continental Classic tyres & tubes to go on, abit of wiring and a Battery box I had been waiting ages on from America.

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8852.jpeg

IMG_8851.jpeg

IMG_8853.jpeg

A few issues to address but all very simple..

Job done.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Brilliant Mate, Looks really well. Some Transformation

Thanks Aaron, its been fun.. Kept me busy through out this lockdown :grinning:

Only Part bugging me now is the oxidisation on the Head Fins, ideally i'd like to Vapour blast the Barrel but can't really be bothered pulling the engine down with its running like clockwork!

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Thanks Aaron, its been fun.. Kept me busy through out this lockdown :grinning:

Only Part bugging me now is the oxidisation on the Head Fins, ideally i'd like to Vapour blast the Barrel but can't really be bothered pulling the engine down with its running like clockwork!

Yea looks great man. Enjoy it for a while and then maybe do it. Tho what I will say is I got mine done on the 550 and it didn't come up well at all. Apparently Honda Alloy doesn't come up as well as others. Not sure that's true tho. I ended up Ceramic Painting mine

Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Here we go again!

This time an Original 1973 Honda ST70..

Came in a Box without V5 or Reg so have been sourcing those first! Alot more to do and Parts to Source for this one!

IMG_1336.jpeg