Starlet ECU problems

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I put a Blitz SUS induction kit on my car and the engine management light comes on. I believe this is because more air is comming in than the ECU recognises. Would remapping the car and fitting bigger injectors with a feul pressure reuglator help this and make it much quicker to justigy the costs.

Do you need an aftermarket ECU to remap or can it be done using the standard computer. Is there anyone in Ireland that can remap and any idea on costs

Thanks

Bilal

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla Y
my engine management light came on due to the fact of the de-cat i think it is i dont think its got to do with anythin else all i did was uprate the thermostat

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
The engine management light first came on when the cat came out but when I got the cat fitted back on the light stayed on. I think I will try putting the standard airbox back on to see if the light goes out

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Captain Starlet said:
The engine management light first came on when the cat came out but when I got the cat fitted back on the light stayed on. I think I will try putting the standard airbox back on to see if the light goes out

Might be worth disconnecting the battery for 30mins to see what happens. How many lamda sensors are there on a starlet?

jamesy

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Jeebus if the management light comes on do the blink codes and check what sensor is bringing it on. Common sense folks!

Andy

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Not taken the piss but whats a Blink code? Is it like a diagnostic test because I thought about that, but thats quite expensive and is a last resort

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Captain Starlet said:
Not taken the piss but whats a Blink code? Is it like a diagnostic test because I thought about that, but thats quite expensive and is a last resort

Do a search on the forum - there was another thread about Vauxhall codes and there are several independant people that will read codes for £20/£25.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
starlet codes, ok go to the diagnostic conector, look for pins te1 and e1

bridge them out with the ign off, switch ign on once bridged and flash codes will appear on your dash, ie the engine light will flash 4 times, then a further 2, for code 42, but watch closely as thre could be various codes so write them all down and let us know

reset the ecu after this by un bridging it, and removing the efi fuse for 5 mins, though there are other ways of resetting it also

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
Nova Bibby said:
starlet codes, ok go to the diagnostic conector, look for pins te1 and e1

bridge them out with the ign off, switch ign on once bridged and flash codes will appear on your dash, ie the engine light will flash 4 times, then a further 2, for code 42, but watch closely as thre could be various codes so write them all down and let us know

reset the ecu after this by un bridging it, and removing the efi fuse for 5 mins, though there are other ways of resetting it also

how do you know which pins to Bridge is there not like 7 pins are somthing. we are talking about the diagnostic conector on the top right of the engine bay

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
yes mate, why dont you take a run over to me in it and i will do it for you

i know which pins to do as i worked for toyota so know what im on about, plus the lid of the connector should show you which pins i have told you and where they are

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
Nova Bibby said:
yes mate, why dont you take a run over to me in it and i will do it for you

i know which pins to do as i worked for toyota so know what im on about, plus the lid of the connector should show you which pins i have told you and where they are

i you seem to know your stuff lol. cheers il get im to take a run over il fone him here and arrange a time are somfin (y)

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
If we did this test and it indicated that the induction kit was the problem how would you fix it. Would you not need to remap to accept the change of airflow.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
you's have prob left the air mass sensor off, or coincidently a random different fault has came into it at the same time as you doing the induction kit, i know of at least 15 starlets running induction kits with no problems

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
Car toyz put it on would that explain it lol :p only messing the sensor is in ok well at least i think so.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
the fact car toyz put it on cou;ld well explain it, lol ,nah they are ok fitting wise up there, well some of them, my we mate is good i know that much, we ginger

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.