stolen sound system

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andros1

RMS Regular
Drives
honda/integra
my system has been stollen about 2k worth in one go

alpine amps pioneers subs

pioneer dvd head unit

KEEP AN EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
sorry to hear this was it taken from your house/garage?

AndyG

RMS Regular
That will be hard to get back! Throw some pictures up though may aswell try!

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Nightmare. Did they just rip it out of the car through the night or what? Cant have anything without some opportunist cnut taking it.

andros1

RMS Regular
OP
andros1
Drives
honda/integra
left it in with honda, they broke into it threw back window took everything. Honda say they not liable they haven even fixed car,, so basically i left car in and got it back with no windowor system and told tuff **** wtf.

list of stuff

2 - alpine mrdm300
1 - alpine mvf340
2 - pioneer 307d4 subs
pioneer avh5700dvd
pioneer components
2 - power caps
twin sub box

they even took all the wiring and the flooring was a semi boot build how they got it out without taking time to removed solid wood etc i dont know.

so pissed off

Anybody got ideas on what i should do

it was in the old honda dealer in newtownards locked up in the service yard.

MarkyFella

Drives
MG ZR
sounds like an inside job.. how would they have known that there was an expensive sound system in the car?.. have u asked if they have cctv?

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I would be taking steps to enquire about your legal rights. If your car was left into them i would expect that they are liable for it as it was left in their possession. I would like to think they have insurance for this type of thing.

Marc

RMS Moderator
contact the police and a solicitor or citizens advice centres.

also let the dealer know you are speaking with those people to see if they want to settle it without outside interferance

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
Sorry to hear this mate, but I hope the following will fill you with a little bit of confidence in 'The system'

My mate left his M3 (Which was never left outdoors overnight, always secured in his garage at home) with a Main Dealer in Edinburgh after his car was subject to the Tesco Fuel contamination that went on a couple of years ago. He went over to Croatia to work for a few days expecting to come home to a fully functional car and an invoice being collected by Tesco's.

Instead he got home to a voicemail from BMW saying that they should call him asap.

He called only to be told his car had been 'vandalised' whilst parked outside there dealership. We went through and immediately noticed that the car was parked in the visitors car park OUTSIDE the security fence. The side grills were away, the badges, bonnet vent, badge, spoiler and they'd made an attempt at the exhaust. On removing said items they'd done alot of damage to the paint

To cut a long story short, they initially accepted no responsibility however after much to'ing and fro'ing he ended up having the WHOLE car except the roof painted and all parts replaced with new, genuine items. It did take him sometime to get it 100%, a few visits to the bodyshop were required but he got there in the end.

I don't know whether it was the dealership that paid for it, or their insurance.

Good luck either way.

w.reid306

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
at the end of the day, if it was left in with a company to have work done, then they have duty of care towards the car.

similiar to a kid going to school, the teacher would have duty of care towards the kid.

id say it was an inside job, check the cctv

andros1

RMS Regular
OP
andros1
Drives
honda/integra
update..... haven heard from police yet but i hope they do a proper investigation and dont just throw it under the carpet...

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
hope you get sorted out keep us updated on events.
have the company said anything more ?
scum about these days

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
you should recieve your product,item,car anything really thats been left in anywhere for repair or inspection the way you left it in .. as wreid says ... they have that duty of care towards anything that does not belong to them

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.