Stone chip chipex / Dr colour chip / OEM touch up

88micm

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M235i
Anyone have previous experience with these kits? I've a Melbourne Red BMW with some increasing stone chips on the bonnet which I'm looking to try take the bad look off.

Seems like people have varying results with them as usual and probably depends how patient you are at building up the layers but any previous attempts and lessons learned would be appreciated before I buy one...

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I used chipex with varying results.

It really depends where the chip is, how deep/big it is and the colour of the car really dictates how well hidden a chip repair is.

You also require patience to get any sort of decent repair, probably why my results are pretty mix as I don’t have any patience.

88micm

RMS Regular
OP
88micm
Drives
BMW M235i
I used chipex with varying results.

It really depends where the chip is, how deep/big it is and the colour of the car really dictates how well hidden a chip repair is.

You also require patience to get any sort of decent repair, probably why my results are pretty mix as I don’t have any patience.
Mine are mostly on the leading edge of the bonnet. Patience is something I've got a fair amount of which was why I thought I might be able to give them a go. Just wasn't sure between the different touch up options out there

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I don’t think the chipex kits are anything to write home about. Better getting a touch in kit from a paint supplier and a fine nib for application.

Patience is key.

Anyone I have seen use a chipex kit end up putting fine scratches around the chips where they run the “fluid” over it.

Only way to do it right is to build them up, flatten them back and polish it.

Melbourne can be tricky enough as the colour usually darkens when bunched up into a chip, just need to apply it a little at a time.