Stone Chips

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mini micro

RMS Regular
hi there, my wee car has alot of stone chips and was wondering what the best way would be to disguise them until i can afford to get them sorted by painting ?

color magic ? alot of clear coat ?

is a burgandy color car and the stone chips are white.

thanks very much :cool:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Mate I gave it a do with a DIY kit. Short story is, its almost impossible to get a good finish with them.

You really need to wet sand the car and then buff out the sanding marks. Thats the alternative to getting it sprayed.

Johnski

RMS Regular
That doesnt make any sense, you can just 'wet sand' the paint work and buff it up to remove stone chips.

Theres a company that can remove minor stone chips, not sure what its called though. Other alternative is call into your local motor factors (one that sells paint) and ask them to mix up a drop of paint and touch in the chips yourself with a fine paint brush.

Its never going to be perfect by any means but if its just the bad look you want taken off it then that does fine:grinning:

GSi Chick

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk4 GSi Astra
you should try chipsaway @ mallusk... i don't think i need to explain what they do :p

my puma was out with them, good place, no complaints :laughing:

Johnski

RMS Regular
you should try chipsaway @ mallusk... i don't think i need to explain what they do :p

my puma was out with them, good place, no complaints :laughing:

That was it!! Thanks gsi chick for the embarrasing reminders:p

What sort of prices do they charge just out of interest?(y)

GSi Chick

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk4 GSi Astra
well, i'd left my car in with them to get it buffed actually and i think it mite have been 40 quid.... they're really sound guys 2 deal with!!! when we had the dentsaway day at their premises he covered up a wee mark from one of the dents for free :laughing:

My mum also had some paint damage done 2 her motability car no thanks 2 phoneix gas.... we called out and it was fixed again at a reasonable price

i'm gonna get my wheels refurbed with them as well, altho i can't remember what price it was a wheel but just that it was reasonable!!!

Apart from all that i'm sure you have gathered by now that you'd be best to give them a wee call lol because i have a bad memory :laughing:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
That doesnt make any sense, you can just 'wet sand' the paint work and buff it up to remove stone chips.

LOL mate sorry I didnt explain... The process involves adding touch up paint to the effected area. Then wet sanding over etc... :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.