stopped by cops

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Burnett

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Burnett
it couldnt b more accurate...

its so ****in accurate i even put down an air filter as a modification

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
lol - well i'd say you are one of the few on here who are 100% insured, the rest of us will be out with tool sets if ever in an accident, trying to strip the aftermarket items ;-)

pablo

RMS Moderator
i think you arent. but Im not 100%. AFAIK if you are a 2nd driver and you drive the car the most then they dont cover you.

not as serious in the case of des driver where its his GFs puma. nothing strange there. in the case of an accident its a girl driving her BFs car. no biggie

however a young lad in a modified sports car thats in his mums name? If I were an insurance assesor Id be thinking this guy has conned us for a cheaper quote so Ive got a perfect excuse to not pay out.

now I may be off the mark here but I thought this was the general consensus in these cases.

I guess to be sure you are gonna have to phone the ins company. and try to get it in writing too!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
It would be up to the insurance company to prove that which they can't really do, or wouldn't bother to i suspect.

Chris Burnett

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Burnett
its not a question of them payin out or not...according to them i have given all my details and paid my money and have the insurance cert with my name on it....therefore i have cover legaly

???????

pablo

RMS Moderator
depends how hard you crash lol.

its seems a very popular thing to do so it cant be that bad - just technically not legal i think.

Chris Burnett

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Burnett
i dont entend on crashin (touch wood)

what if my mum drives it during the week and i take it at weekends.....that makes it legit???

pablo

RMS Moderator
100% yes. unless the ins company prove otherwise of course. the fact its registered in your name would prob make them think.

I really want a 2nd opinion on this tho as i may be wrong.

pablo

RMS Moderator
you can see the point tho - if it costs 4k to insure in own name and 1k in mums name then thats 3k lost to the ins company.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
What pablo is saying is right, although you have cover legally, you may not be legaly covered if that makes any sense. Because in fact you are the main driver and user then your mum should technically be the named driver and you the main policy holder. But in the event of a claim, if you say she uses the car more and you have it at evenings etc then it'll all be fine.

It's like most people are insured for social and domestic use, yet we travel to and from work regularly - technically aren't insured in some cases but wouldn't really matter in the event of a claim.

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
Yeah its just the usual scare tactics they could'nt find anything wrong so the Bulls**t starts flying.. Small Cock syndrome!!!! :lol:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.